MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old February 10th, 2004, 10:35 AM

Question New ..What Burner To buy ?

I'm looking at the plextor 708a...but,

I've been roaming around looking a some of the problems people are having and I'm thinking about giving up on trying to burn my own cd+g's. (not really)

I'm looking at the plextor 7098a...

I need some advise though.

Which one, is one of the best and user friendly drives and software to use ?

Keep in mind that if I'm happy with all of this I'll be trying to create my own CD+g's (at some point)(i hope)

I do like the added bonus of burning and reading cd+g's and DVD in the same burner and I use a JVC Karaoke machine not my computer to playback the cd+g's.

Thanks in advance....

Bob

Last edited by burned again; February 10th, 2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old February 10th, 2004, 11:41 AM

Thumbs up Plextor DVD Burner

You can't go wrong with this DVD/CDG burner from Plextor, in fact it is THE best burner on the market!

If you do some searching on the web you will soon realized that nothing comes close to it.

It's not a cheap burner but you will be able to also burn a back up of your DVD movies if you use a software call XCOPY Express from 123 Studio and of course you'll enjoy the fact that it will also back up any cdg's.

My suggestion, GO FOR IT!!!

Regards
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:17 AM

Thanks,

the XCPOY software from 123 studio , does that software allow track by track recording of CG+G's ? I like to carry only my favorites out on Karaoke nights.

Bob
Old February 11th, 2004, 01:09 PM

Microstudio will do just that, track by track import from a cdg.

You'll also need MTU's KHP to make your own cdg's, and MTU certifies their burners to do cdg.

George

Last edited by George; February 11th, 2004 at 01:14 PM.
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:00 PM

Xcopy

Quote:
Originally posted by burned again
Thanks,

the XCPOY software from 123 studio , does that software allow track by track recording of CG+G's ? I like to carry only my favorites out on Karaoke nights.

Bob
Xcopy is a software that will let you copy the entire Movie that has over 7gig & a DVD Karaoke. If the original DVD is larger than the 4.7 (4.3 actual) it will compresse it to fit your disk automaticly.

FYI, this software is not perfect, many people are not able to make it work & their support is nothing compare to MTU, you will be left ALL BY YOUR SELF if you have a problem!!

I don't believe there is another software on the market that will let you back up an original DVD that has the copyright.

The best software for backing up cdg's is Microstudio and combine with the new Plextor 708A you'll have the option to back up DVD's if you wish to go this way in the future.

regards
Old February 14th, 2004, 12:18 AM

Mlepine,
There is another movie software, and it's free to the public. Go to afterdawn.com and on the right side look for DVDShrink. Also go to google and find Vobrator, and it will help you do more with a movie than you can with Platinum. I have been using the Platinum from 321studios, and just starting to use the DVDshrink.

After getting on the 321Studios website and their forums, it is such a releaf to get on the MTU website and forums. If the customers at 321Studios could see the MTUwebsite, they wouldn't believe how professional a company can be. I wish every company would be as concerned about their customers as MTU !! Sometimes you don't know what you have, until you see what others are offering.

Take care,
Ernie
Old February 14th, 2004, 09:36 AM

Lightbulb More Software

Thanks Ernie,

I will look into the recommended web sites...

You are absolutely right about the good support at MTU, it's unique!!

The Forum at 321 Studio is exactly the opposite, you're left too your self & when I read all the bad things people say about this company and they just dont react, I hope one day they'll pay for this?

Regards
Old February 16th, 2004, 10:37 AM

Thumbs up Good Freeware

Quote from Ernie:

Mlepine,
There is another movie software, and it's free to the public. Go to afterdawn.com and on the right side look for DVDShrink. Also go to google and find Vobrator, and it will help you do more with a movie than you can with Platinum. I have been using the Platinum from 321studios, and just starting to use the DVDshrink.

Thanks Ernie for you recommended freeware, It works just fine.
The fact that this software works in conjunction with Ahead Nero makes it very stable, in fact, it's better than XCOPY!!

Thanks again
Mike
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:21 PM

Hi all,
I'm new here but wanted to just thought I'd let anyone know who is looking to purchase DVD XCopy to think twice before they do. 321 Studios was forced to stop selling XCopy with the built in decoder which enabled the software to get around the encryption due to a suit brought by Hollywood studios, the suit said that the copying programs violate copyright law. I was one of the lucky one's that got the software just before they had to stop selling them but am looking forward to comparing XCopy to MTU software.

Well, hope this helps

Jaspette