MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2006, 02:50 AM

Thumbs up 2.612 will not detect my PX-760A Drive - 2.613 WILL

When I go into Hoster or Microstudio and test drive my Plextor PX-760a drive will not show up - do anybody know why this is or am I missing something?
Old June 14th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

What versions of Hoster and Microstudio?
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM

I just resolved my problem I downloaded the ASPI driver and it fixed this problem. Thank you for your reply. I bought the latest version - The Kareoke suite 4 and the Video Hoster.
Old June 14th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Glad to hear you have solved it.

I think we would all like to know where you downloaded the ASPI driver from. Was it our FAQ Answer page, or if not, would you please post the URL link so we know what is working?
Old June 25th, 2006, 11:37 AM

Yes - Please tell us how you solved this. I've tried all 3 options in the FAQ page, but Microstudio still will not find my PX-760A as a CDG drive.
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDavidOgle
Yes - Please tell us how you solved this. I've tried all 3 options in the FAQ page, but Microstudio still will not find my PX-760A as a CDG drive.
I too had this problem and solved it myself. A fresh build of a system with new copy of XP installed. I installed other software first, including Winamp and Ashampoo's CD copying software among few others. Finally installed the Hoster and the PX-760A went missing. I went and installed two of three versions of the ASPI drivers, third on link was broken, and it did not solve the problem.

Reformatted the drive and reinstalled the OS and did the same install and bam, after the Hoster, the drive went missing again. I checked the hardware monitor and it said the driver was missing or corrupt. I tried to reinstall drives via auto detection did not yield any new drivers. None of the ASPI methods worked. I looked around the registry and didn't find anything that would indicate problems either (I am not an expert in registry, I can look and see if something doesn't make sense but I can't fix anything there).

I fixed the problem by reinstalling the other software after the Hoster problem. This was not easy since the CD/DVD player did not work. I had to download them and transfer them to the machine using the network. Once I reinstalled the other software, it mysteriously worked.

It may be something to do with ASPI driver Hoster is installing, if it's installing it that is, not being compatible with the Plextor drive. By installing other software may have restored the right driver and/or registry values and fixed it.

Just a thought.
Old September 12th, 2006, 11:54 AM

Unhappy Plextor PX-760A

I'm having problems too! Exweedfarmer on the Software forum advised me to link to the afterdawn site and download a fix. Nothing happened.

Doesn't Plextor or Microstudio not know of this problem? Don't they have a patch, an update?

I can't see myself backing up, wiping out my harddrive and reloading everything as an option. However, that is one of the suggestions that I've read in the sting of comments to getting Microstudio to read the driver?

Please say it ain't so.

k
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkrwalker
I'm having problems too! Exweedfarmer on the Software forum advised me to link to the afterdawn site and download a fix. Nothing happened.

Doesn't Plextor or Microstudio not know of this problem? Don't they have a patch, an update?

I can't see myself backing up, wiping out my harddrive and reloading everything as an option. However, that is one of the suggestions that I've read in the sting of comments to getting Microstudio to read the driver?

Please say it ain't so.

k
Ok, it ain't so! Seriously though, what version of MicroStudio are you using and which drive are you using? If it isn't 2.613 then the Plextor 760 will not be recognized.
Old September 20th, 2006, 05:45 PM

plextor

So you're saying that my Micro Studio program, version 2.6.1.2 will not read the Plextor PX-760a? My dad has the same Micro Studio program.....I'm certain of it.....I'm using his software.....legally, and his works.

Still confused.

k
Old September 20th, 2006, 06:03 PM

http://mtu.com/support/microstudio-version-details.htm
Closed Thread