MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 7th, 2009, 07:39 AM

Missing KMA files

When I run the rebuild database, I get a message telling me that something like 9000+ songs can't be used or something like that...is there a limit on how many songs Microstudio allows you?? I have deleted all the duplicate songs(I mean exact copy) and have about 35000 songs in my database. Hoster sees them, but Microstudio won't recognize them and I can't make a backup>
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

There is a limit, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Must be somewhere around 26,000 (35,000 - 9,0000? The reason behind this was it was taking so long for Microstudio to read through all those files that people were complaining.
Microstudio doesn't build a database. It creates a text file and places it in the folder where the files are. When you switch back to that folder, it uses that text file to populate the list instead of having to re-read all the files again.
Only thing I can suggest is split your songs into two folders if you want to see them all in Microstudio.
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:05 PM

i have about 35000 kma files on my ext. drive, and i never had any problems , takes a while for ms to populate the list, but it's there..the only time i get an error msg. was when i keep forgetting to t/on the power to where my ext. drive is plugged into
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:55 AM

Thanks guys....I re-installed Microstudio and same thing, did another re-install and they all but one file came up and that one file was some goofy one anyway. Not sure why it worked after the second time, but I really don't care now.