MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM

KHP stopped working - Problem was HW Accelerator was reset to MAX

KHP has stopped working at the "Place Lyrics" screen. It allows loading of .txt file and musical backing track, as if things are working normally.

It was working perfectly (I am using Windows VISTA) but now it freezes when I tap the space bar to begin placing Lyrics. I have re-installed BOTH KHP 4.107 and MicroStudio 4.006, several times. Still the same problem. PLEASE help. Thanks, Ed.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Check the Custom Updates on Microsoft web Page and see if there is anything you are missing.
The question is what has changed between when it was working and now? Any new programs, plugins, addins, etc. installed? What updates have been done? Any hardware changes?
As a last resort you could try to restore back to a time when it was working. This may or may not work but could be worth a shot.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:26 PM

All Windows updates are installed. I better describe this problem a little better.

The real problem is that the audio does not play while attempting to place lyrics. The space bar DOES advance the text and sweeps the color. When I pres the END key to save the project, the FREEZE immediately ensues.

Believe this? The software works OCCASIONALLY. Yes; I made one track yesterday; and I made one today, just recently. However, the program is back to "not working at this time." Countless re-starts, uninstall other software, etc. I would say it works two times in fifty.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:30 PM

<<< Any new programs, >>> Audacity; but I have removed it and re-booted.
<<< plugins, addins, etc. installed? >>> Not to my knowlege
<<< What updates have been done? >>> All
<<< Any hardware changes? >>> No
<<< As a last resort you could try to restore back to a time when it was working. This may or may not work but could be worth a shot. >>> How do you do this?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

I can't help you there as I don't have Vista. Someone else will have to walk you through it.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM

Problem solved. The audio hardware acceleration had somehow gotten set to: MAX. I moved the slider to the left two notches, and ... voila !!! The thing that puzzles me is what happened to cause this. Thanks to everyone for all the help.
Old July 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM

I have noticed that a recent Microsoft patch (for XP) has reverted some settings back to default. i.e. My CD auto-run was turn back on. After seeing this post I'll check if the acceleration is cranked up as well.
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdS View Post
Problem solved. The audio hardware acceleration had somehow gotten set to: MAX. I moved the slider to the left two notches, and ... voila !!! The thing that puzzles me is what happened to cause this. Thanks to everyone for all the help.
Beats the heck out of us too!

Thanks for posting your "find". Usually, MTU is left as the bad guy when any problem on the computer happens.