MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM

sweeping problems

I have had KHpro and the rest of the suite for that matter for a number of years and have had no problems. I also just upgraded to latest kHpro the other day so thought maybe my problem would be solved, But alas! It was not.
Lately when i am sweeping words, I often do not even see them but just keep sweeping and eventually it all catches up. BUT this is just unacceptable. And then when i play the finished product it is the same, will sometimes miss a whole page and then suddenly catch up. Any ideas. Sorry I do not know how else to say this. Hope someone understands me!!

Sue
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Sue,
The only changes they made to KHPro with this version was for registration and re-installation so that you could remove it from one computer and move it to another. No other items were worked on for the program. So no your problem has not been fixed with this upgrade.
I am not a user of KHPro so really can't help you much with it, but it sounds like your computer is slowing down in its response. Has this been happening since a particular upgrade or did it start happening after using the program for a while? What operating system are you using?
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM

sweeping problems

Hi,
It started after using the program for a number of years.
I am using XP Pro Service Pack 2.
I have an AMD Athlon (64) 3200+
2.00 GHz with 4 GIGS of RAM.
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

You need to update your computer from Microsoft's Update web page (find it in your start menu. Use the Custom updates rather than the Express. XP has been up to SP3 for quite a while and weekly come out with security updates for it. One point is do not do the Hardware updates as they tend to be incorrect.
My guess would be that your computer has slowed down which all Microsoft operating systems tend to do over time as you use the computer. What can you do to help speed it up?
Delete all the temp files that programs tend to use and leave on your hard drive. To do this start with Internet Explorer Internet Tools and delete the temporary files. Then in the Local Settings for your user account has a Temp Folder you can empty as well as C:\Temp and C:\Windows\Temp. Be sure to empty the Recycling Bin afterwards.
Then you need to defragment the drive to make it run faster.
Last I would recommend running a Registry Cleaner, but be careful doing this as some will get carried away with what they delete.
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM

sweeping

Well thanks for the reply. I spent a week getting computer reformatted and back to SP2 after SP3 wreaked havoc!
I clean up my files at least once a week as well and defrag and run registry, so none of those seems to be affecting the sweep.
Maybe a new computer would do the trick..hahahahahahhahahaha--NOT!!

Sue
Old May 1st, 2009, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

What kind of havoc did SP3 wreak? Did you get a Blue Screen of death or just other problems? What brand of computer is this?
If as you say it was working ok and then started this then it isn't the program causing it but has to be something going on with the computer itself as in other programs/processes running in the background.
Old May 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM

sweep problems

Well, remeber when SP3 came out. Turns out that my particulare AMD Athlon was not compatible. Since i reformatted I continue to get updates but have refused IE7 and 8 and SP3.
Perhaps I will need to reformat again.
I haven't done it about 6 months!