MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 31st, 2002, 05:08 PM

demo not installing"""""' Help''''''

I just down loaded the demo to check it out before I buy.. I wanted to go ahead and buy it but my son in law said lets see if it works first.. OH WELL I get this msg 1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance.. Can anyone help... I know I should be more computer literate..Thanks from this trying to be newbie..

I wonder if this is problem: Click to download Microstudio 2.315 demo and manual 6.148MB file size when I started download it says 6.0mb am I missing somthing here..

is anybody there help

I've noticed 22 views but no responses ?????

Last edited by tinman; April 1st, 2002 at 02:05 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 11:12 AM

Here is what they say the fix is on Installshields website.

This error will appear if the InstallScript engine could not be installed on the machine. In this situation run ISScript.msi to uninstall the engine if it already exists or install it for the first time. This error could also result from insufficient DCOM permissions on the machine.
To set DCOM permissions:

Launch Dcomcnfg.exe from the Start, Run option.
Go to the Default Security tab, Default Launch Permissions section and click Edit Default.
Now set the privilege "Allow Access" for yourself from the drop down list.
Click ok and close Dcomcnfg.exe
Run the setup again.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 11:36 AM

Unhappy

I tried that fix however it didn't work. Same message...
Old April 2nd, 2002, 12:21 PM

What version of Windows are you running? If it's Windows 98, make sure it is Second Edition.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 12:59 PM

problem

I am running windows 2000 with latest service pack installed. (2)

PS thanks for all the help and I know I will be buying afterwards just for the fact that I get help if needed and I hope I don't seem too pushy but I have about tried everything you can imagine and I want something easy to use (doesnt everybody)

Last edited by tinman; April 2nd, 2002 at 01:14 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 02:22 PM

Sorry Tinman, this problem is way over my head. The demo installed flawlessly for me, as did the non-demo version that I purchased soon after. I wanted to help, but I know I can't. Also I didn't want to "view" the thread without "post."

I sure hope the techs can help you figure your problem out though, as this is without a doubt a great program, and well worth your hastle. I had tried several other programs and they wouldn't copy a useable CDG and this program did it quite quickly and reliably.

Good Luck!
Old April 2nd, 2002, 02:35 PM

Post thanks Dennis

I think the main problem is win 2000... I have had problems with games and all kinds of other software. I will be installing a 2nd operating sys 98 so I have a choice when either gaming or whatever. I do hope to correct this win 2000 issue which is probably the main problem. I would like to know what operating systems and etc. everyone is using in which they have no problems..
Old April 2nd, 2002, 05:19 PM

Coming up three years now with MTU products and never a hitch. Running Windows 98 SECOND Edition..

Take care,

George
Old April 2nd, 2002, 06:42 PM

Thanks for the insite george... I will be installing windows 98, and don't know why I have 2000... You know the newest things are always supposed to be better.. . Oh well. so its not always true. thanks again,
Mo
Old April 2nd, 2002, 09:50 PM

Might want to make certain you use 98 Second edition. They cured some bugs that existed in the first run. Maybe that's all one can buy now is 2nd. edition. Dunno, haven't had a need to look.

Take care,

George
Old April 3rd, 2002, 10:19 AM

Tinman,
Please email me at support@mtu.com. I will then send you another file that may help fix the problem. Please email me when you see this post, that way I can see if this will fix it for you. I have looked all over Installshields website for any FAQ's relating to this post and there is not much, so I want to try one more thing on Instinct to see if it will help.