MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old January 11th, 2005, 11:21 PM

Question Px-716a

I know that MTU runs tests on CD+G supporting drives. I am building a computer for my Uncle who has a Karaoke business and wants to make backups of his discs. I am in the stage of purchasing drives and I was wondering if it is known for sure right now if the Plextor PX-716A drive will be fully supported with Microstudio? I have used Plextor CD-RW drives with version 2.4, but I want to make sure I am making a wise decision to use this DVD-RW drive. Thanks.
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Re: Px-716a

He will need to upgrade to Microstudio version 2.609, and even this version will not yet support the 716a or 716uf models of drives. We will not have drivers for these until sometime in March.

The drive that currently is working great is the 712a or 712uf, but make sure that you don't get either of these drives with a 2 on the end, such as 712a2, because they will NOT work until March either.