MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 26th, 2006, 03:33 PM

Clearing my database to start over

I tried going into hoster database to clear it out but it has a key on it and won't let me open it. Can anyone help.
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:54 PM
VIP

one post wonder !

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmzzz
I tried going into hoster database to clear it out but it has a key on it and won't let me open it. Can anyone help.
If you really feel you need to do that, delete all your KMA files and then rebuild your database. That will start fresh.
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:18 PM

[AlanWheeler] If they're so great why did you bother to look for another product, especially from one honest enough to have open forums you could research and get a handle of ongoing problems, etc before spending your money?
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmzzz
Which database did you try to go into? If you tried to open "Bucket.mdb" it is password protected, but that is not the database listing all your imported songs. That would be "songs.mdb".

The next question is why do you feel you need to go into the database? Is this in conunction with your other thread on trying to import zipped songs from hard drive?
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:07 PM

I'm with George. There are other programs out there with more bells & whistles but I wonder if they'll stand the test of time!?! How many places can you go to get Real Live Support like MTU provides on this Forum? And, over the years since I first bought MicroStudio, I have even gotten personal answers from my e-mails.
MTU - THANKS!!!
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

[AlanWheeler] And so are several other organizations of which one is being linked to Hoster right now with new upgrade coming very soon and since you have already upgraded to 3.3xx should be free. Read the News section.

I am confused by your statement. If you paid to upgrade then that means you had a previous version which also converts mp3+g to kma format, so you had to already know this was the case. So why pay the $39.00 to upgrade? This may be your first post using this account but you have obviously been here before.

If you don't want your mp3+g files converted to kma then import them individually from the player rather than importing permanently into Hoster.

The only thing I can suggest to you is to read all the information available about a program, including the forums if available before you buy!
Old June 1st, 2006, 05:36 AM
VIP

Quote:
I am confused by your statement. If you paid to upgrade then that means you had a previous version which also converts mp3+g to kma format, so you had to already know this was the case. So why pay the $39.00 to upgrade? This may be your first post using this account but you have obviously been here before.

If you don't want your mp3+g files converted to kma then import them individually from the player rather than importing permanently into Hoster.
Actually your mp3g files are not changed in any way. Basicly Hoster copies the .mp3 and .cdg files, zips them and adds header information for the database to record. The same holds true for CDG, BIN and MP3G Zip files. No hard drive files are ever changed so when you are done importing those files you can put them away for safekeeping should you need them in the future.

Just didn't want potential customers fear they'll loose the use of their files by another program if they use them in Hoster.

Sam
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Sam. I forgot that point.