MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old July 2nd, 2018, 12:23 AM

Information on subscription service from Party Tyme

I have a question about the Party Tyme subscription program. Right now I don\'t have any steady gigs so I can\'t really justify the monthly payment plan. The question that I have is say I purchase the 48 hour plan for a show and used a couple of songs, would those songs lie dormant until I have need to activate the subscription service again for the next gig and not have to redownload them again or would I basically have paid athe 48 hour fee for a single use of the songs?
4 GB RAM
60 GB internal program SSD drive
1 TB second internal music Hard Drive
Old July 2nd, 2018, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Information on subscription service from Party Tyme

I’m pretty sure they remain on your drive and lie dormant till you activate the subscription again.

I don’t use it myself so can’t be sure.

If you are only likely to download a couple each time it seems you would be better choosing the Buy Now option.

You can choose to download the MP4 or MP3G and it’s yours to view any time just like any other downloads at less than $2 a track.

Just in case you don’t realise you need to press the refresh songs button at least once a week to keep the list updated.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 10:34 PM

I have decided that I am going to stay with buying downloads on the fly for a couple of reasons, I know that they rarely if at all don\'t lose the rights to songs but 2would rather have it accessible permanently than not be able to provide it because I forgot to pay for the subscription. The other reason is that it seems like the download number of songs available outnumbers the subscription number of songs available. The only real plus side would be if I could afford to pay for the monthly payment plan and not have to worry about whether or not I have the money available to pay for the download.
4 GB RAM
Old July 3rd, 2018, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

The reason the download outnumber the subscription is because the subscription only supplies the mp4 versions, the download includes both mp3g and mp4 for most of the songs, although I think some of the newer stuff is only mp4. So there is not more titles just a choice of mp4 or mp3g.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:37 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
The reason the download outnumber the subscription is because the subscription only supplies the mp4 versions, the download includes both mp3g and mp4 for most of the songs, although I think some of the newer stuff is only mp4. So there is not more titles just a choice of mp4 or mp3g.
Correct they have offer more songs in mp4 format than mp3g simply because they haven\'t had the chance to finish converting all the files to mp3g. So there will be occasions you only see a song available on mp4.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old October 3rd, 2018, 04:43 PM

I decided to go with the Party Tyme subscription service using the 48 hour to test it out. Does the 48 hours end 48 hours from being purchased or does it end at midnight the second calendar day? I want to test it out so I don\'t go in cold at my show.
4 GB RAM
Old October 8th, 2018, 03:11 PM

I am pretty sure that it goes from 48 hours from the exact time you purchase it. So you know.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

This thread is now closed
Closed Thread