MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 24th, 2008, 04:58 AM

Question 1st song corrupted when using cdg

The 1st song played after loading CDG songlist is corrupted. It does't make any difference, if it's 1, 3, 10, etc. If you stop the song & restart it, then sometimes it clears up. Sometimes it takes several tries. I have a new drive (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A)(from you) & MS 4.006. I have downloaded everything I could find.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

You are going to have to give us more information if you want some help. What operating system? What exactly are you doing? When does this happen?
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM

Question 1st. song corrupted when using cdg.

System:
Viewsonic M200 Digital Media Center
Pentium(r)4 CPU at 2.8 Ghz
512 mb of ram
XP Media Center Edition ver.2002,ser. pac. 2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X vidiocard
onboard sound system.( sound max)

put a cdg into player, download song list, put songs onto play list, play any song on play list & it's messed up. It doesn't matter which song you pick. The first one played is bad. Can't tell you much more. I know it didn't do it on the old player & old ver. of MS.

Sorry for delay in answering, have been gone for a few days. But why did I get stuck in the archives so fast?

Last edited by LNevada; June 30th, 2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure what you mean by stuck in the archives. This is a forum not direct chat. all of the threads are listed by date/time of last entry.

Anyway, what version did you update to 4.006 from?
Have you done all of the Custom updates (not the Auto or Express updates) from Microsoft?
How do the songs play in Microstudio? You can play the tracks directly from the CD in Microstudio also to check them.
Have you tried burning them with the same drive you used to use with the older Microstudio and see if they play ok?
The player you are using could be the problem. As drives get older the lasers in them get weaker and slightly out of allignment. When you introduce a new drive suddenly the CDs won't play correctly when you go to another older drive. Commercially mass produced CDs are burned with a much higher power laser than home CD drives so where they will play just fine the home produced CDs may not if the player's laser is getting weaker.
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:46 PM

1st song corrupted when using cdg

I upgraded from MS 2.604. The reason this a problem, is we are making up backup discs and when we go to check the recording, we always have the 1st song played back thur MS is messed up. It's as if the player has trouble locking sync or something. If we start & stop it a few times then it clears up.
Recordings play fine on other equipment. This is a new drive.
Cann't try old because it got wiped out by Hurr. Wilmas backsurge in 05. It's why we had to get a new cdg drive and all our problems started. Not just this. Most have been worked out.
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Try doing the Custom Updates from Microsoft and install them all. There were alot of changes from 2.6 to 4.006 including the use of .net Framework for one.
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:34 PM

Red face 1st song corrupted when using cdg

THANKYOU for your help, I'll say it twice, THANKS, since I forgot before. I have down loaded 123 upgrades from microsoft & .net Framework was 1 of them. System had not been online since the flood in 05. Another twist to this problem has been added. When making the play list up and you use more then 1 cdg, the 1st song off of each cdg is messed up, only durning playback & will play ok after several restarts. CDGs are from various manufactors & sometimes not.
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNevada View Post
THANKYOU for your help, I'll say it twice, THANKS, since I forgot before. I have down loaded 123 upgrades from microsoft & .net Framework was 1 of them. System had not been online since the flood in 05. Another twist to this problem has been added. When making the play list up and you use more then 1 cdg, the 1st song off of each cdg is messed up, only durning playback & will play ok after several restarts. CDGs are from various manufactors & sometimes not.
Are you doing this directly from the CDs or from Imported songs?
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:54 AM

1st song corrupted when using cdg

good question. I know the original problem is from cdg. Have to recheck new problem. And thank you for your help.

Last edited by LNevada; July 2nd, 2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old July 4th, 2008, 08:40 AM

Question Thread: 1st song corrupted when using cdg

Dale, the problem seems to rear it's ulgy head for each cdg, that is used to record the new disc. Let us say, there are 2 songs from disc A, 4 songs from disc B, 4 songs from disc C, etc., Put into the import list. Record new disc. Put the new disc into cdg drive and play it thru MS and 1st song from A, B, C, & etc will be corrupted. All the songs were from Pop Hits Monthly. Each disc also will do the same thing, if played by it's self. I don't know what else to tell you. Again thanks for your help.
Old July 4th, 2008, 10:11 AM

deleted,sounded stupid after I read it

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old July 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM

Hi LNevada

How many sound cards do you have connected to your system?
Old August 28th, 2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNevada View Post
The 1st song played after loading CDG songlist is corrupted. It does't make any difference, if it's 1, 3, 10, etc. If you stop the song & restart it, then sometimes it clears up. Sometimes it takes several tries. I have a new drive (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A)(from you) & MS 4.006. I have downloaded everything I could find.
Iknowit has been a while since you posted this, but Im having the same problem, the jvc player I have willnot play the first song I punch on any of my burned cds, the info is there because after a while you can get it to play, I dont think its my player it still plays other cds Ive burned in days gone by. What did you do to cure this problem, it is driving me nuts, I set here and burned I dont know how many cds trying to get caught up on being shut down for 3 weeks onloy to find out the first few songs punched will not play no matter what, I can do this in shows takes too long. What did you do to cure this problem.
kowboy......dan