MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 4th, 2012, 08:07 PM

pass-through levels are not the same

As much as I do love the new Vogone, there is a problem only I have (would love to hear if others have this as well)....the pass-through frequencies have obviously changed, not since 3.0, but since 2.210. I find I am still hearing somewhat audible traces of vocal in this version that, when processed with version 2.210 were not audible.

Also, I have found a freeware vocal remover program that has the same 'frequencies" (if that is what they're called) as Vogone 2.210 and seems to do a better job on some songs. (I apologize if I'm being too blunt.) Since I only work with Christian music, this might be the reason why I have a difference altho I doubt it. I am one of those who tries to remove as much vocal as possible without affecting the music. It's a give & take situation! ;)

I can post mp3 samples before and after Vogone 3.50 if anyone wants them, just tell me where to post them at, or how.
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM

Re: pass-through levels are not the same

Lvanett, if you wish you can instant message me, i will send you my email address so you can send me your audio samples. But i will need #1 the original, #2 a copy of the audio sample with 2.210, #3 a sample with 3.0 in order to get an idea of what you mean by "pass-through frequencies". If i can help, i will. And you are so right, patience is the key, it is a give and take......George
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:19 PM

I don't know if I can provide the results from the newest version of Vogone, since the puter it was on died and I can't install it to my new one. I'll need another reg. code. But once I have it, I can send samples.

When I say Pass through frequencies, I'm referring to the bass and treble frequencies. HTH
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvanett View Post
I don't know if I can provide the results from the newest version of Vogone, since the puter it was on died and I can't install it to my new one. I'll need another reg. code. But once I have it, I can send samples.

When I say Pass through frequencies, I'm referring to the bass and treble frequencies. HTH
You can install Vogone on 2 computers so go for it! If you have a problem, call me... you have my cell as I called you in December.

Two of us tried several songs last night with V2.110 and V3.50. I appeared you had discovered something we should research and make sure 3.50 wasn't deficient.

We couldn't really tell a difference in songs that were center panned. Songs without reverb were vocal removed equally. On songs where the vocal is panned off-center, 2.110 failed totally, while 3.50 totally removed the vocals.

Having said that, we will open up both 2.110 and 3.50 and verify that the "pass through" frequency cutoffs are the same.

In 3.50, our Blue-Yellow-Blue frequency meter shows the range that Vogone won't remove. We have adjusted this over the years to insure we are always removing the freq range that both male and female voices include. Since you can adjust the Low slider to not remove some vocals at its far right end, and the same with the High slider at its far left end, we are confident they have sufficient range to remove any singer's vocals.

If you would, please email me a link to the "free" vocal remover you reference above. I'd like to try it out. We believe Vogone 3.50 is the best available, but are always open to learn from others, just as they have from our work.
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:28 AM

Hi again,

I sent you an email. Actually the version is 2.210 that has different frequencies. I thought they were adjusted between 2.210 and 3.0 (or thereabouts).

Is it possible for me to re-install 2.210 as well as 3.50? I have a new puter (my old one died 2 weeks ago) so I'm unable to install either version.