MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 8th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Honor Roll

The Music Stops

This has happened three times now. It happened once with 4.02 and twice with 4.03. The music stops, lyrics stop. Stays this way for 10 to 15 seconds, and then continues, with music and lyrics starting from where they left off.
My machine has the latest driver updates and all MS updates with 1Gig of ram running XP.
I have two external drives, one for karaoke music and one for DJ music. I use BMP pro for DJ Music. BMP was open during the time it happened when 4.02 was installed, but not for the rest.
I probably have twice as many gigs with just DJ music and this only happens when running Hoster. I have run checkdisk on the drive, checked OK. I still think it could be a drive problem. I may have to replace the drive to verify it. Has anyone else experienced this or any suggestions other than the drive?

Old September 8th, 2008, 11:20 AM
VIP

maybe your drive is failing.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:25 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by laddie View Post

This has happened three times now. It happened once with 4.02 and twice with 4.03. The music stops, lyrics stop. Stays this way for 10 to 15 seconds, and then continues, with music and lyrics starting from where they left off.
My machine has the latest driver updates and all MS updates with 1Gig of ram running XP.
I have two external drives, one for karaoke music and one for DJ music. I use BMP pro for DJ Music. BMP was open during the time it happened when 4.02 was installed, but not for the rest.
I probably have twice as many gigs with just DJ music and this only happens when running Hoster. I have run checkdisk on the drive, checked OK. I still think it could be a drive problem. I may have to replace the drive to verify it. Has anyone else experienced this or any suggestions other than the drive?
If you had any programs Open while doing an install, it could easily be a conflict. I would suggest doing a clean re-install & make sure everything is turned off before doing so.
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:

Hey Laddie,
I have never seen this but it sounds like Hoster may need a little more of your computers resources. This is whay I use SAMpartyDJ, it uses very little resources and does not interfere with Hoster. I can even run them at the same time with no problems.

Close any programs you don't need like anti-virus and firewall (windows firewall is okay) if your not online. Check your system tray, this is where most of the backgroud programs run from, so to speak.

Open the task manager and check the CPU usage. I don't know what BMP pro is, never used it.

Maybe you need more ram to run all of your programs at once. I know I run Hoster 4.03 and SAMparty DJ with 512 megs of ram with no problems, but I do have a 3.0ghz processor.

I hope this helps

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
If you had any programs Open while doing an install, it could easily be a conflict. I would suggest doing a clean re-install & make sure everything is turned off before doing so.
Maybe I was not clear. No other programs were open during the actual install. The problem occured once with BPM open while using 4.02 and twice without BPM open, while using 4.03

Old September 8th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjim View Post
Hey Laddie,
I have never seen this but it sounds like Hoster may need a little more of your computers resources. This is whay I use SAMpartyDJ, it uses very little resources and does not interfere with Hoster. I can even run them at the same time with no problems.

Close any programs you don't need like anti-virus and firewall (windows firewall is okay) if your not online. Check your system tray, this is where most of the backgroud programs run from, so to speak.

Open the task manager and check the CPU usage. I don't know what BMP pro is, never used it.

Maybe you need more ram to run all of your programs at once. I know I run Hoster 4.03 and SAMparty DJ with 512 megs of ram with no problems, but I do have a 3.0ghz processor.

I hope this helps

Jim

With both BPM and hoster running I use 300 meg of memory, with just hoster I use 240 Meg. I have 1 Gig. I am not even close to using all the memory. But thanks anyway.

Old September 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
With both BPM and hoster running I use 300 meg of memory, with just hoster I use 240 Meg. I have 1 Gig. I am not even close to using all the memory. But thanks anyway.
Cool, since this is the case I would think it falls in one of three catagories:

1 a driver issue

2. a bad install of Hoster

3. a bad install of BMP

This is assumoing you have cleand the registry, defraged your hard drive, checked the drive for errors, have all the windows updated yadda yadda yadda...

It's gotta be something!

Just tryin' to help.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
VIP

I agree with Jim: "It's gotta be something!"
I've spent a lot of time reading posts and see this is a common problem among 4.02 & 4.03 users, although some people don't seem to have any problems at all.go figure. And ... MTU has been working frantically to fix all the problems everyone has reported and must still be finding quirks, or 4.04 would have been released already.

That's why I still have not upgraded my Show comptuer. It still has 3.321 on it from before 4.0 was even released. I've only put 4.03 on my backup, waiting for all the "testers" and MTU to say everything is fine again!!!

So, starting with "fresh" installs, after being sure that you've updated everything may do the trick. You could spend hours trying to find the problem and still never find it. Starting over is sometimes the quickest
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:34 PM

I have never seen this. Was it in Auto or Manual? Just thought it might be the same thing that others have reported about lyrics going out of sync in Auto. Just a thought.
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Laddie!
Were you moving the BPM screen while Hoster was running or anything like that. I had a problem where audio would drop out while running BPM and Hoster 4.03. This was on a fresh install of xp with all updates, IE7, WMP 11 and sp pack 3. I updated my agp video drivers and this fixed the problem. Although I never had this problem with any other version of Hoster until 4.02/4.03. MTU claims to have fallen back to the code for graphics that it was using for 3.321 and I believe them, however IE7 and wmp 11 and sp pack 3 cause other problems. I had to update the drivers for my network card after installing sp pack 3. I run BPM, Musicmatch and Hoster 4.03 at the same time with no audio dropouts at this time. My shows are similar to yours. They are 60% DJ and 40% kj. Update every driver you can for any device you have in your machine. This means cd or dvd drives as well. I would have never believed my video card would have a problem. It is an old card but has 256mb of on-board memory. As I say, when I updated the video drivers I solved the problem.

gpayne

Last edited by gpayne; September 8th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpayne View Post
Laddie!
Were you moving the BPM screen while Hoster was running or anything like that. I had a problem where audio would drop out while running BPM and Hoster 4.03. This was on a fresh install of xp with all updates, IE7, WMP 11 and sp pack 3. I updated my agp video drivers and this fixed the problem. Although I never had this problem with any other version of Hoster until 4.02/4.03. MTU claims to have fallen back to the code for graphics that it was using for 3.321 and I believe them, however IE7 and wmp 11 and sp pack 3 cause other problems. I had to update the drivers for my network card after installing sp pack 3. I run BPM, Musicmatch and Hoster 4.03 at the same time with no audio dropouts at this time. My shows are similar to yours. They are 60% DJ and 40% kj. Update every driver you can for any device you have in your machine. This means cd or dvd drives as well. I would have never believed my video card would have a problem. It is an old card but has 256mb of on-board memory. As I say, when I updated the video drivers I solved the problem.

gpayne
It will do it with or without running BPM....I am going to replace the drive. its the only thing that make sense, all the drivers are the latest and greatest and I am not pulling to much memory. Thanks for your input.

Old September 8th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Before you replace the drive, run defrag on it. Since check disk didn't show any problems it may just be fragmentation.
What speed is the drive? 5400 RPM or 7200 RPM? If it is the slower then that can also be a factor. Also is your USB 1.0 or 2.0? Unfortunately you can't change that but it also can be a factor as USB 2.0 is faster.
Since both Lyrics and audio stop and restart at the same time then it really sounds like a delay in reading the data from the drive.
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Before you replace the drive, run defrag on it. Since check disk didn't show any problems it may just be fragmentation.
What speed is the drive? 5400 RPM or 7200 RPM? If it is the slower then that can also be a factor. Also is your USB 1.0 or 2.0? Unfortunately you can't change that but it also can be a factor as USB 2.0 is faster.
Since both Lyrics and audio stop and restart at the same time then it really sounds like a delay in reading the data from the drive.
I ran defrag, the drive is a 7200 RPM usb 2.0. I have the drive backed up twice (2 different externals). Since the frequency of this is like every 8 or 9 shows, its hard to tell if the adjustements I make are doing any good. I am going to buy another external to take with me and run this one till the problem stops a show. I may play with the cache and see what happens.

Thank you and everyone else for there input.

Old September 9th, 2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I ran defrag, the drive is a 7200 RPM usb 2.0. I have the drive backed up twice (2 different externals). Since the frequency of this is like every 8 or 9 shows, its hard to tell if the adjustements I make are doing any good. I am going to buy another external to take with me and run this one till the problem stops a show. I may play with the cache and see what happens.

Thank you and everyone else for there input.
Laddie,
Maybe working with the page file size will help. Just a thought.

Jim

Old September 9th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Administrator

We hope to release Hoster 4.04 tomorrow or Thursday, if our Beta Testers give us the GO signal. It has some serious speed improvements, and fixes a number of reported bugs.
Old September 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:

I had this happen to me also. My fix was simple. Have your windows background set to none. I don't know why it fixed it but it did.
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kercheval View Post
I had this happen to me also. My fix was simple. Have your windows background set to none. I don't know why it fixed it but it did.
Thanks Jim, I'll try that.

Old September 12th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
We hope to release Hoster 4.04 tomorrow or Thursday, if our Beta Testers give us the GO signal. It has some serious speed improvements, and fixes a number of reported bugs.

Admin,
Will it still release this week?

Old September 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Admin,
Will it still release this week?
Hey Laddie,
We just tested 4.04 beta 6 and it needs a few small things changed. 4.04 beta 7 will probably be out tonight. 4.04 beta 6 is running rock soild in the background as I type. My feelings are 4.04 beta 7 will get the "Go" from the Beta Testers and it will be released Monday, I sure pray for it anyway.

Jim

Old September 12th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Honor Roll

Thanks Jim