MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 5th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Frequent Member

Question Some new songs don't appear in listing

Hi, I am running the 4.001 version of Microstudio and it has been working great except for one weird thing. I recently added some new songs to my Hoster Database and when I browse the directory that they are in only some of them appear in the Microstudio listing. I can play all of the songs using Hoster and I double checked that they have been imported into the correct directory. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this would be happening. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM

The Manual

The Refresh button rebuilds the open List file when songs are added or deleted outside of Microstudio.

I Hope This Helps

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old June 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Frequent Member

Question Still baffled

Thanks for your comment but I had pressed the refresh button and still got the same result. I actually exited Microstudio and then started it back up and got the same result. I'm not sure how the Microstudio program determines the titles/artists name in the directory where the Hoster files are stored but I am wondering if maybe it is reading the access database created by Hoster and that needs to be rebuilt. Does that make sense or does Microstudio get that information from the header attached to the file imported by Hoster??
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Microstudio creates two files in the folder you have selected. One is the list of audio files (Microstudio.aud) and the other is the list of karaoke files (Microstudio.kar). It does not use the database from Hoster.
For the Karaoke (kma) files it reads the header to obtain the information.
And Jim is correct that the Refresh button next to the Search button in Microstudio does rebuild that list.