MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 29th, 2000, 03:58 PM

Question

With Doug's help I was able to finally download the software.

Next question, is there anyway to convert "CD Audio Track" format to ".wav" format? Vogone does not work with CD audio tracks, or is not meant to work with them.

Old December 29th, 2000, 04:59 PM

Use Microstudio, CDRwin or Nero to convert the files.
Old December 29th, 2000, 05:57 PM

Question .wav files

The details for Microstudio software did not say anything about reformatting regular CD audio tracks to .wav files as one of its capabilities. But if it actually does, then I might consider purchasing the software.

How do I find CDRWin or Nero? How much do these cost? I could not locate them in the MTU on-line store.

My goal is to eliminate lead vocals from certain CD audio tracks to "instrumentals only" for private use (some tracks may have backup vocals which is okay).

Old December 29th, 2000, 06:52 PM

http://www.nero.com for Nero

http://www.goldenhawk.com for CDRwin which I have to say is just what "I" really need for all "MY" karaoke cd burning.

Nero does not recognise CDG files, CDRwin does and is a brilliant all round piece of cd burning software.
Old December 30th, 2000, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Thanks for pointing this out! Microstudio reads Audio CD Tracks and saves them as .wav files on the computer hard drive. The web site has just been changed to make that clear!

I disagree with Brian. He is technically competent and clearly finds another product desirable... possibly because he already owned it? Given the number of support calls we get from users of that other program who don't understand how to use it, we know Microstudio is easier to use.

A major advantage is that Microstudio turns your PC computer into a Karaoke player! We have just finished upgrading the player code to display full screen. It will release within 1-2 weeks (free upgrade to existing clients). Microstudio is only $50. Since our focus is Karaoke AND audio, buying another program that now might read and write CDG discs can be risky. We will not test for compatibility with other programs when we offer a superior solution.

When we upgraded our Disc Architect (shipped for 2+ years) karaoke software this year, we changed the name to Microstudio as "studio" better indicates the platform it is. Thus, it is designed so you will be able to run Vogone, KeyRite and Karaoke Home Producer from Microstudio! Keep that in mind when you think about another vendor's program that we won't support.

Microstudio is designed for less technical users who don't want to understand all the technical details. With 30 years of successful product development, we clearly understand that the more complex functions a product can do, the harder it is to learn to use. MTU's Karaoke products are designed with just the right mix of functions to make them easy to use.

Microstudio's Custom Assembly Tab allows you to read individual Tracks from an Audio CD into the computer hard drive as individual .wav files. You can select the drive/directory where they store and name the .wav file, which makes it easy to locate the file later. The .wav file is the proper format (some programs add a .wav extension, but the header is incorrect), ready to use with Vogone I, KeyRite or Karaoke Home Producer to add lyrics and save it as a .cdg file.
Old December 30th, 2000, 12:46 PM

Exclamation

I did say in my first post on this subject to use MICROSTUDIO or Nero or WINcdr.

I only replied to what was asked in the next post.

Did not mean to offend.

[Edited by Brian Corr on 12-30-2000 at 12:54 PM]