MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 21st, 2013, 06:07 PM

Question KMA -> Mp3+g Problem

I originally ripped all of my discs using Hoster at 192bps, but when trying to convert the KMA's to Mp3+G, the only output I get is 128bps. Yes, I have the latest Lame enc.dll, windows 7 updates, changes, etc. It doesn't matter what bit rate I select in the conversion window, the result is always 128. I downloaded Power CDG Burner and it converts the SAME KMA files to the original 192bps. Any ideas? This is really frustrating!
I'm running Songverter 1.31, windows home 7. 8 gb memory, I7.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Re: KMA -> Mp3+g Problem

You are doing nothing wrong, It seems to be a problem with songverter.
It seems to choose 128kb even if you choose a lower rate.

Might be an idea to drop a support ticket in see if you get an answer that way.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM

I'll give it a shot, but tech support is not what it used to be.
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:52 AM

Roy,
I created a help ticket like you suggested in May. After a few weeks I got a message saying "We are working on this issue. I will let you know when I have something for you to try." Imagine my surprise in August when they classified my ticket as closed. I failed to mention in my previous posts that this error has cost me weeks of my time, since I have over 30,000 songs. What the heck is going on here?
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerWertz View Post
Roy,
I created a help ticket like you suggested in May. After a few weeks I got a message saying "We are working on this issue. I will let you know when I have something for you to try." Imagine my surprise in August when they classified my ticket as closed. I failed to mention in my previous posts that this error has cost me weeks of my time, since I have over 30,000 songs. What the heck is going on here?
I can tell you they are still working on it, I have been beta testing it and it is still having a problem with some of the conversions bit rates.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 8th, 2013, 04:52 AM

Thumbs down Re: KMA -> Mp3+g Problem

Amazing! They still haven't fixed the problem, yet they want me to spend upgrade money for a product that doesn't work! Wow
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

The version released on 29th September 1.33.01 does now convert kma 192kb to mp3+g at 192kb.

You have to install a new libmp3lame encoder as described in the manual here is a copy of the text:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MP3

To use MP3, MP3+G or ZIP formats requires a fully featured MP3_enc.dll codex be installed on your computer. Click here for instructions how to do this. This may not be allowed in some countries so it is up to you whether you install it to use MP3 with Songverter or not.
If an acceptable MP3 encoder codex is found on your computer (Songverter automatically checks it for all used functions) the message does not appear. If you choose not to install an MP3 encoder, then you cannot CREATE MP3, MP3+G and associated ZIP files. Thus, these file types will not appear as Destination Format selections.
However, Windows fully supports decoding MP3, MP3+G and associated ZIP files. Thus, these file types always appear as Source Format selections.
Old October 8th, 2013, 07:30 AM

It would have been nice of them to notify me like they said they would. I still don't think I should have to pay the upgrade price for something that did not originally work.
Old October 8th, 2013, 12:43 PM

Digger,
Please send me an email at support@mtu.com with your current Email address so I can handle this for you.

Also, this version does a bit more than the older versions, feature wise. It will now read the Titles/Artists of the Songs, takes a bit longer but allows you to find stuff easier to convert.
Old October 12th, 2014, 11:10 PM

Exclamation Re: KMA -> Mp3+g Problem

Wonder if there is anybody there..
I am just looking at up-grading an older version of songverter? to the latest version as I too have a number of KMA files to convert to MP3+G however I notice that it is suggesting that if the converter finds zipped files it will convert and re-zip. The software I have requires the files un-zipped before it can read them which means (I think) that I have to go through and un-zip each file leaving the two files together so they can be read. Big job. Does the newer version of songverter enable you to leave the newly converted MP3+g files in the un-zipped form as one of its options? If not any suggestions?
Old October 13th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu4u View Post
Does the newer version of songverter enable you to leave the newly converted MP3+g files in the un-zipped form as one of its options? If not any suggestions?
Yes it does convert them to the un-zipped state.
You will probably have to install the latest llame encoder file but the instructions for that are included in the installation file.

You can always try the demo first, there is a limit in the demo of only 45 sec of the track converts but that's enough to see if it works for you.
Old October 13th, 2014, 05:17 AM

Cool Re: KMA -> Mp3+g Problem

Thank you Roy
As I already have an old version would I still be able to try the free version before upgrading and would I be able to determine in the time frame allowed in the trial version what the unzipped KMA file would look like. As in two unzipped files from one kma?
Old October 13th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

It will install alongside your existing one, it won't affect your upgrading, The limit is on the time each converted file will play not on how long you can trial it.
You can try any number of files but it will only produce a 45 sec per track.
You should be able to tell if it's working for you.

As I stated first time you may have to install the recommended llame encoder to convert any thing to mp3 format and I'm not sure if the notice appears with the instructions for that in the demo but give it a go and if you have any problems come back.
Old October 13th, 2014, 04:35 PM

Thank you very much. Will give it a try...