MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 9th, 2005, 01:23 PM

Question 2.609 Congrats and a suggestion on the window and files on cd

Hi. I got a new computer for Christmas and am only now able to use the more "uppity" versions of Microstudio (directx 9.0, etc) so I got my 2.609 upgrade.

Congratualations on being able to watch the window and do other stuff. Is it possible to "click down" the Microstudio menus while we are watching the window and doing other work? Apparently we can click icons on the desktop or start a program from the start menu. However these Microstudio menus are in the way and appear immoveable (sp?)

I noticed that this version, unlike older versions, does not allow a person to play files that are saved on to cd. There might be a good reason for this, but as I use the program, it has been made less convenient. In my way this is an UN-improvement. I hope it can be restored to the better way, as it used to be.

(I understand that these issues might have been kicked to death already, but I could not find where; anybody?)

Last edited by jahern; January 9th, 2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old January 9th, 2005, 01:50 PM

Re: 2.609 Congrats and a suggestion on the window and files on cd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern
I noticed that this version, unlike older versions, does not allow a person to play files that are saved on to cd. There might be a good reason for this, but as I use the program, it has been made less convenient. In my way this is an UN-improvement. I hope it can be restored to the better way, as it used to be.
Hi Jahern,

Don't understand the question. You can play CDG tracks from a cd as always, either from a commercial cd or a KHP produced cd. Maybe I 'm not reading the question right.

George
Old January 9th, 2005, 07:18 PM

Well, don't know how I got it wrong. After viewing your post I checked and it all seemed in order. I was almost positive that Microstudio said that to play the files (not normal karaoke disc tracks, but cdg files) they could not be on a cd. (I had to save them from the cd (where they were saved as files) back to the hard drive if I wanted to play them; something that I thought was a might inconvenient. I don't know where I received that message but I don't seem to be receiving it now.

Since I don't have a proper burner yet on this computer I haven't made any custom assemblies and burned them, but nothing stopped me from creating an assembly using cdg files saved as data on a cd. Now I want to find out how I got the message in the first place. Sorry and thanks.

Never mind on that one.
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Moved thread to Microstudio Help. Thanks for your correct answer George!
Old January 10th, 2005, 09:07 AM

The part about "clicking down" the Microstudio Menu should still be in the Requested Features section, shouldn't it? Unless someone can help me with that.

Make no mistake. I read a message about not playing cdg files from a cd. At the very least, there is a bug. I don't know if I will see the message again. Perhaps it only occurs when the program is first being used. Maybe I needed to reboot or something, but I did receive that message.

Last edited by jahern; January 10th, 2005 at 09:37 AM.