MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom > Buy & Sell

Buy & Sell This Forum is for our members to post whatever you have to buy and sell that is related to Karaoke.

Old August 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM

backup CDG player

I have been using a DVD/CDG player to play CDGs when necessary. It seems to be a bit flaky, however, so I am thinking of getting better player. Can anyone recommed a low-cost, but reliable CDG player?
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM
VIP

Thumbs up

MTU Sells them and they are certified to work with CDGs
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM

I haven't found any CDG players on the MTU web site. I see PCs that support Hoster. I already have PC/Hoster. It is my CDG player I occasionally use to play physical CDGs that gives me grief.
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
VIP

Try this link.

http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm#USBDVD
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:22 PM

OK, I'm still seeing CDG drives for PCs. I have one that works fine with my PC. I have yet to find a CDG it cannot read.

Where I am having trouble is with playing CDGs on a player when I don't have my computer with me or as a backup to the computer if the computer is having issues. This does not happen very often, which is why I have been using a standard DVD player that supports CDG format. What I have noticed, hower, is that the player I am using does a horrible job of reading CDGs. I sometimes get noise even on brand new CDGs. On some tracks it hesitates. I even had trouble playing a DVD once. The hardware appears to be crap. So instead of buying another DVD player that supports CDG and may also be crap I thought I'd check out a CDG-only player in the hopes that it does a better job. I was hoping that Hoster users on this site who use a hardware player backup would have some insight on what a decent backup machine to recommend.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
VIP

For a CD+G player (usually plays DVD and VCD) try http://www.acekaraoke.com They sell quite the variety of players. The other alternative might me ebay. Hope this helps.