MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM

Problem with CD/DVD drive detection in 4.08

I have been running hoster 4.06 without problems, but i have upgraded to 4.08, now when i start hoster, it says that my cd/dvd drive is bad. I am using a laptop purchased and built by MTU. The drive works fine for microstudio. I don't know how to correct this without going back to 4.06.

ADMIN NOTE: I split this to a new thread so we can track it separately.
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveThornton View Post
I have been running hoster 4.06 without problems, but i have upgraded to 4.08, now when i start hoster, it says that my cd/dvd drive is bad. I am using a laptop purchased and built by MTU. The drive works fine for microstudio. I don't know how to correct this without going back to 4.06.
Next time please post your problem in a new thread as your problem has nothing to do with the thread's subject problem.
Have you tried clicking on the retest?
If so and it still will not recognize it as good, then close 4.08 and open 3.4
(C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Hoster34.exe) and use the CD/DVD default drive tools "Detect Again" button. With this one you have to insert a CDG disk and it will try to read it. If that works then close 3.4 and re-open Hoster 4.08 and your drive should be listed as good.
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:19 PM

4.8 problem

I am having the same problem and changing back to an older version did not take care of it. 4.08 will not recognize any of my burners including the one purchased from MTU...any other suggestions..
Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Did you try the Hoster 3.4 detect as I listed above?
What drives and what operating system?
Is Windows recognizing them?
What version of Hoster did you upgrade from?
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:15 AM

Problem recognizing cd drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Reid View Post
I am having the same problem and changing back to an older version did not take care of it. 4.08 will not recognize any of my burners including the one purchased from MTU...any other suggestions..
I upgraded from 4.06a to 4.08 and the new version does not recognize my cd drives. I have an internal cd drive and a external drive that was purchased from MTU. When I switch back to version 3.4 as suggested it will recognize the drives. When I re-open 4.8 it will not.
I am using a Dell laptop with XP operating system 250 GB HD and 250GB Ramm.
As far as I can tell all other features of 4.08 are working fine other than the cd drive issue.
Looking for suggestion to fix the problem
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveThornton View Post
Dave,
When you see the Select CD/DVD window just hit Cancel and the drive should work, it does for me. If not, unistall 4.08 and install 4.06 then select your drive (in 4.06). Once this is done, reinstall 4.08 over 4.06 and hit the "Cancel" button anytime you see the Select CD/DVD window.

It appears that 4.08 knows that your drive is good, the bug is in the Select CD/DVD window.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:10 PM

drive issue

thanks for the help. Sorry for not starting a new thread. I started 34 as stated, and my drive worked, but after going back to 4.8, it still says that my drive is bad, but i can now use the drive anyway. Thanks again.

Last edited by DaveThornton; March 2nd, 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: reply was not correct
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM

We also have the same problem on two of our laptops. It seems to be mostly Sound Choice. We went back to 4.06 and the problem went away. All settings were made per MTU request. All of our laptops have 4mgs ram.
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleflar View Post
We also have the same problem on two of our laptops. It seems to be mostly Sound Choice. We went back to 4.06 and the problem went away. All settings were made per MTU request. All of our laptops have 4mgs ram.
Which problem are you talking about? There have been two or three different things discussed in this thread.
Old March 12th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Folks, MTU has full focus on this problem right now. So far, we can't find why some 4.08 users are not able to recognize a known good drive, while the vast majority are having no problems.

We just had another user call with this same problem. However, the Hoster Demo 4.08 works fine with the drive, but Hoster 4.08 doesn't.

That proves the drive is not at fault. We are now checking to insure our Demo and Full version have the identical code, which is possible they may have different code. If so, that is extremely easy to fix. That is where we are right now, and frankly I hope that is the problem.

I'll keep you informed from this Forum. You will receive ONE Forum notice from this Thread and no more until you visit the Thread again. So if someone else posts after me, you won't get another email notice of my future posts until you visit this Thread again. That's the way things work....
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM

i had that problem when i downloaded the 4.08 demo, i have 3 ext. drive hooked up into my test pc and all the drives tested bad except for one and i tried to import a song on the good drive and and it took forever the progress bar didnt even move, tried it on my laptop, drive tested good but i had the same import problem, i opened microstudio on my test pc and imported some disc on all the drives and it went w/o a hitched, every disc was imported in less than 5 minutes..
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i had that problem when i downloaded the 4.08 demo, i have 3 ext. drive hooked up into my test pc and all the drives tested bad except for one and i tried to import a song on the good drive and and it took forever the progress bar didnt even move, tried it on my laptop, drive tested good but i had the same import problem, i opened microstudio on my test pc and imported some disc on all the drives and it went w/o a hitched, every disc was imported in less than 5 minutes..
What version of Microstudio did you use in this test?
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
What version of Microstudio did you use in this test?
i used the latest version..4.006

Last edited by billyo; March 12th, 2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:13 PM

I have spoken to one person that had this problem, and here is what I Found.

The person had installed version 4.08 and it would not allow the drive to work. What they did was remove the software from the computer. I then went into there computer through a program that I have that will allow me to see and work on the computer as I am sitting in front of the computer, here from my office.

I then installed version 4.08 back on there computer and made all the changes listed in this page for Vista, as they had Windows Vista: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm

Most of these changes are for audio playback, except for the UAC, this is for Security. This could block changes from being made to the registry, so this is the only change that I know that could have caused this problem on there computer.

Once I did all those changes, I rebooted the computer.

I then opened Hoster 4.08 and it showed Bad for the drive. I clicked the Retest button on the right hand side, and it told me to put a disc in the drive. I then had the customer to put a disc in the drive. Once the disc was in the drive, I clicked retest again and it then showed the Status of the drive as Good.

Once this was set this way, I went and was able to perfectly import any disc that the customer put into the drive.

Can anyone having this problem please do these changes or post back to me, when a good time is to get a hold of you. We are here in the office from 9-5 EST M-F. I can then come into your computer to try to fix this.

Please also let me know if you are having this problem on XP, as I am not sure that it should happen there if I am correct on my Assumptions of the UAC being the issue.

Bryan
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM

CD Drives

Bryan
I am using XP Home edition and am have the same cd drive issue you are talking about. Not sure how to make the change you are referring too.
Let me know if you would like to dial in to my pc, or send additional info to fix the problem.
Old March 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM

i have an xp, but i only downloaded the 4.08 demo on my test pc, i would like to upgrade from 4.06 to 4.08 but the only thing that holding me back is the video feature,