MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 17th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Laser Disc's to Computer

I am still doing shows with over 65 laser discs and hundreds of CD+G. I am now in the process of importing all my CD+G's to Hoster. I would like to go TOTALLY discless.

MY question is: Has anyone already converted their Laser Disc's to a computer?
If so, how did you do it? And how did the quality of video and sound come out? How much hard drive space would be required?

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR150 video capture card already.

ADMIN: Will Hoster have functionality in the future to play video files such as .AVI, .MPG, or Windows Media Audio/Video?

Thanks in advance!
Chuck
Old March 17th, 2005, 03:31 PM

Re: Laser Disc's to Computer

I am currently in the process of transfering all of my laser disks to dvd and once hoster is able to convert the dvd's to the .kma format, I will add them to hoster. The software I have found to work converting the laser disks to dvd or vcd is "cyberlink's power director." The link is www.gocyberlink.com. I am using plextor's "convertx" converter with my laser disk player hooked up to it and then the converter hooked to my computer. The model of the convertx is px-m402u. Hope this helps.
Old June 26th, 2005, 12:41 PM

i did it,
u need TV tunner, im using EZ-TV.
1. conncting the composit video cable to EZ-TV input, and the sound are connected to your Soundcard line-in
2. just capture the video came from LD by using software that came with the TV-TUNNER.
3. if u want make it have a 2 sound like a VCD karaoke ussualy,
- Step One is capture from LD without Vocal, Second Caputer the same Song but with VOCAL
- Step Two extract the audio file from both video that u captured by using "Video to Audio Converter" and edit it by using "CoolEdit Pro" make a new wave form.. put your non vocal audio to the left channels. and one with the vocal audio on right channel.. save the file.. now u have audio for karaoke... ^^
- Step Three Encode your video with the karaoke audio that we just made...
by using "TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress"
- Step Four UR DONE!!