MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old August 15th, 2002, 07:23 PM

Exclamation Karaoke File Trading II

I was reading in another thread that was closed the following:

"Does anyone know where I can trade Cd+g files? Is anyone interested in trading some cd+g's?"

And the thread was closed or I would have posted there.

While reading the forum yesterday I noticed a post by George's wife about making her own Karaoke songs using MTU's home Studio (I believe it was).

There was also a topic about a man who likes to sing Frank Sinatra, so there people were making their own Karaoke songs some using music they purchaced, others using Midi files.

Seems to me that if someone was to go out and take they time to create their own Karaoke files, they then should be able to trade it or give it away, share it with others.

I am getting very excited about the possibilites of being about to create my own karaoke songs and disks using MTU's software.

Am I able to share *.cdg files that I create with other people?
Old August 16th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

What you are proposing is not far from a "napster-like" environment. It's best not to go there.

Trading copywritten music & lyrics isn't legal in any way shape or form. It's also the fastest way to put all the legitimate manufacturers out of business.

Enjoy the software though for your own personal use.

Old August 19th, 2002, 10:53 PM

You know it seems ironic to me that you would take your point of view hosting shows where people come in and sing copies of peoples songs.

However, the orginal post in the other file sharing Topic that was closed, the MTU support guy was talking about trading copies of commerically created CD+g files, however I was talking about the songs that don't exist out there on CD+g disks, and the ones that we create using MTU's software.

While I am sure that those who use the software will use it for their personal enjoyment, I am that some don't have a problem sharing their work with other to enjoy as well.

Alan.
Old August 20th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Administrator

It is the law in the USA

Copyrighted material cannot be distributed for free or for pay by anyone other than the copyright owner. You are able to enjoy the Karaoke songs you create for your own use, but not distribute or give them away. If you want to read more on the law, visit this page for a more in depth discussion.

It also contains a link to a more legal page which accesses the US Copyright office web site and the actual laws for you to study.