MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 28th, 2008, 01:27 PM

Hoster V4 Problem

I have the new Hoster and am having a problem with my second display (TV). I have tried to change the settings on the TV but it seems to be the Hoster program. My first display (laptop) shows perfectly. I have the Marque on top. The Lyics display needs to be moved up closer to the Marque. How can I do this? I have looked at the manual but could not find anything. Also, this issue caused problems for the singers (since they could not see the bottom line of lyrics), therefore, how could I switch back to my previous version of Hoster. I have NO internet reception from where I do my karaoke shows.
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM

Hi, I was just reading your problem and let me tell you something that may help.

I use the (pc to video component) converter with this you can adjust the screen to the left and right or up and down .

I hope that helps you.

Old July 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Honor Roll

Have you tried turning the marquee off?
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM

I have tried what both of you are suggesting. It is almost like I need to bring the whole lyrics area up about 2 inches. It is only that part of the screen, which makes the bottom line of lyrics dissapear.
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokesndy View Post
... therefore, how could I switch back to my previous version of Hoster. I have NO internet reception from where I do my karaoke shows.
I'm having problems picturing your problem as H4 should be showing the whole lyrics screen, just shrinking it to make it fit the area you've allotted it.... but for occasions such as this H4 comes bundled with H3.4 which is basicly a clone of 3.321. C\program files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\ , right click Hoster34.exe. click "send to" and then click "desktop (create shortcut)", to put an icon for it on your desktop.

Sam
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Thank you for helping me switch back to a previous Hoster version. As far as my other issue: When I double click for my second display (TV), I have the marquee on Top, then the Lyrics. There is approximately a 2inch gap between the Marquee and where the Lyrics start. Therfore the bottom line of lyrics are cut off. It does not do this on my laptop screen, only the TV (secondary). I can't even put the singer/song display up because it is not seen. I dissabled the marquee and the same thing happens. The Lyrics screen shows up 2 inches down instead of the whole screen.
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:10 PM
VIP

Hmmm... Can you take a screenshot and upload it here? I can't think of a way to replicate what you are seeing.

Sam
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM

Okay lets see if this upload works. In the picture (sorry, bad lighting), as you ca hopefully see....the marquee on top, then the gap, then te bottom line cut off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0076.jpg (348.5 KB, 34 views)
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

This sounds like your resolution for the TV is different from the main computer monitor. They should both be the same, no less than 800x600 and no more than 1024x768. I am using a flat screen HD LCD like yours and I had to change the TV setting to an odd ratio (can't remember the ratio) that is not normal screen (4:3) and not wide screen 16:9. This was along with the screen resolution from the computer.
The previous version were not quite as picky because they secondary display was not a composite view like the new one is where you can have three frame sections.
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:25 AM

Thank Dale,
I changed my resolution to 800 x 600 (only one that worked). It worked on my secondary monitor (which is normally a regular TV, not the flat screen as shown in picture). It fixed the problem I was having, but made everything too large on my laptop. I guess I can live with that issue since it only needs to be during karaoke shows.
Sandy
Old July 29th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Honor Roll

I wonder if this is related to the lyrics sync issue I was having. Setting the resolution lower cured my ills also. The thing we have in common would be the custom explorer version used to display graphics. Again, a Microsoft issue, not MTU's.

What do you think Dale?
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

What custom explorer are you using? You should be using Internet Explorer 7 as this is what the program was written for.
Actually I think it may have more to do with the refresh rate than the internet explorer.
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:26 PM

I'll add one for you also. On my Nvidia drivers control panel there is a feature called Dual View that let's you have different resolutions on each monitor. My laptop runs at 1440x1280 and my 2nd monitor runs at 1024x768. I am not sure what video card flavor you have, but it might be worth a try if you have a nvidia card.
Geforce 8800GT Video
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokesndy View Post
Thank Dale,
I changed my resolution to 800 x 600 (only one that worked). It worked on my secondary monitor (which is normally a regular TV, not the flat screen as shown in picture). It fixed the problem I was having, but made everything too large on my laptop. I guess I can live with that issue since it only needs to be during karaoke shows.
Sandy

I originally had this problem with an earlier version of Hoster. I had to go and set the display properties in the "desktop" to multiple display, and set the laptop to 1024x768 and the plasma to 800x600. No problems since.

Just make sure you have the secondary display already on and powered up before you start Hoster..........
Old July 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM

Sandy,

try adjusting your laptop(computer screen) resolution to 1024 x 768 pixel and your tv monitor (2 icon) to 1024 x 768 pixel or 1024 x 768 on computer and 800 x 600 pixels on tv. Checked which setting gives better overall, but make sure you double click your TV screen couple of time to enlarge (smaller) your singer display screen.

On my situation, it works better on 1024 X 768 pixel on both the computer and tv, and get worse on 800 x 600 pixels on tv. Like your images. Other time you have to adjust the tv resolution to 640 x 480 pixels. The big gap between the Marquee and view(lyric) screen is just resolution issue.
Old July 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Some excellent recommendations here that should be addressed.

However, in Hoster 4.0x, there is a setting you may need to adjust.

1. Run Hoster

2. Click the Tools menu > Show Display... command

3. Click the Lyrics view first, and change the Position: field to "Stretched".

4. Do this for Intermissions, Audio DJ and Video VJ (if they all allow changing it).

Click Apply, and see the changes, or close and see them.

We shipped the "default state" as Centered, which would not "resize" your graphic image, but left it in exactly the aspect and resolution it was created in. Shifting to Stretched will allow your image to resize automatically.
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:41 PM

Mine, the position is on stretched but if the singer monitor (TV) display is set to 800 x 600 pixels there's is big gap between the Marquee display and the Lyric display, so as in intermission display. But when set to 1024 x 768 pixel it seem to removed that big gap.
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

The 800x600 may be exagerating space at the top of the lyrics area where it is a lot shorter in 1024x768.
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
What custom explorer are you using? You should be using Internet Explorer 7 as this is what the program was written for.
Actually I think it may have more to do with the refresh rate than the internet explorer.
I was refering to MTU's custom Explorer 7 display screens. At the bottom of all that custom code, it is still running Explorer 7. They only eliminated your view of the the tool bars and such. I believe that Explorer 7 is what is not playing nice with the other components.
Old July 30th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

After you installed IE7 did you go back to the Custom updates to get the updates to it? If I remember correctly there are at least 2.