MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM

Quarantined Files

Can anyone tell me how to get files that have been quarantined unlocked. On a recent download of 5.09.02 all 26,000 songs were locked up. Can't get playlist or anything else to work.
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Quarantined Files

Does Hoster Open ?
If so go to Tools/Hoster Data Folder, in that folder is the quarantine folder if the files are in that folder let us know what type KMA or KMH ?
Also which version of Hoster you upgraded from ?
Which version of Windows ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; June 8th, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:46 AM

Hey Roy, Hoster does open and the files (25,272) are in the quarantined folder, 95% are KMA and the rest are KMH. I do have 2 seperate folders with MP3 & Zip that are not in the quarantine folder.

I have Windows 7 home premium x64 based PC (program file X86). Sony VAIO computer with 700GB Hardrive and 8GB of RAM with intel(R) core (TM) i5-3210M CPU2 2.50 GHz

I upgraded from hoster 509b18 beta.

Thanks for such a speedy response

Wallace
Old June 9th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

You should be able to just copy the files from the quarantine folder and paste them back in their original folders.
The kma's are the full file but the kmh are just the kmh header so they must go back into the folder with their matching MP3 file.
The question is why did it move them to the quarantine folder ?

It found something wrong to do that.

It may be it found them as duplicate files.
Check down your list of folders in the rebuild database dialog, the bottom left column, that you don't have folders listed in duplicate someway. Like do you have a backup of your files also listed there. In which case it would treat them as duplicates. If so use the Exclude folders button to remove that file path from the list. Also un-select any of the song types in the top part of the dialog so that it only tries restoring the original kma or kmh files.

Then what I would do is delete your songs.mdb, to do that open Hoster Tools/Hoster Data Folder close Hoster but leave the folder open and find the songs.mdb in there and delete it.

Now make sure your if your songs are on an external drive it's connected then start Hoster. It should start building your database before opening so don't interfere with it till it finishes.
Let us know how you get on from there.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; June 9th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:01 AM

Roy you are the man, I have recovered everything I believe the reason the files were put into quarantine was due to duplicate file. Thanks so much for all your help, I'm looking forward to the new version that was just released.

Wallace