MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 25th, 2004, 03:28 PM

Angry Cannot use program with XP

I have a dual-boot system on my PC. When I try using KHP using XP, the program slows down and I am unable to keep up with the music. When I play the song, it seem to be 5 or so seonds late highlighting the words. I swithed to ME and the program runs correctly. What's going on with XP. I want to get rid of ME but need all my programs working in XP before I dump ME. Thanks, Bob
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:03 PM

Question Memory

How much memory do you have on your Video card & Ram?

What direct X version do you have on your XP system?

Windows Me & XP demands different resources, ex: Me will run with 128M of ram but XP will need at least 256M to be fast & stable!

Me will be on FAT32 & XP could operate on FAT32 or NTFS so please tell us a bit more.

Thanks
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:34 AM

As Mlepine has stated, please answer the posted questions so that we can diagnose.

I would say if it is working under ME on the same system, that your drivers for your Video card are not updated under the XP OS.
Old March 27th, 2004, 08:00 PM

What's Up?

What program are all you guys talking about?? Unless we have beta testers talking, isn't KPRO not available yet?
Old March 28th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Moved to KHP4 Forum

Thanks Jahern!
Old April 8th, 2004, 03:17 AM

Sorry for the delay but I was away on a trip. I will briefly describe my problem. I previously had a two boot OS. On one partition (C)I had ME installed and on the other (D) I had XP. I was in the process of upgrading and wanted to make sure my programs would work on XP before I made the switch. Well all of them did except except KHP v4.103. It ran fine on ME but was just so slow on XP that I could not use it. It would be 10 to fifteen seconds behind the music. I tried everything I saw on the forum but still the same problem. I am attaching my dxdiag which should answer most if not all of your questions. I need to make this work on XP as I have now done a clean install and only have XP as my OS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob Jameson