MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 23rd, 2004, 04:31 PM

I am having a problem with underline character

When I add a countdown indicator using the following
6__5__4__3__2__1 I get the exact string showing on the playback. My understanding is the underline character is nonshowing placholder. Is my program buggy or what?
Old May 23rd, 2004, 05:23 PM

The following is copied from the KHP manual. The way I read it is that the _ will show up. I checked it out here, and it does show up. Nothing wrong with your system. I always use em space for that reason.

"The _ or em-space characters display as spaces between the words. The em-space is not as easy to use here as it looks like a normal space, while _ is clearly joining the words."

Take care,

George
Old May 23rd, 2004, 06:45 PM

Thanks for your reply George, I guess I'm just confussed because when I read in the Manual for KHP 4.103 under the heading Add A Countdown Indicator it states "for more spaces betwen characters, enter multiple em-spaces or underlines. When played back, the joining characters do not highlight, but appear as spaces in the Karaoke display." So from this I assumed they would not appear in the playback.
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:13 AM

George is right.
You actually have to put the "em" in. I have tried just the _ but it shows up. The "em" is made by holding down "alt" the pressing 0160. The will put your "em" in and spread the words apart and also anything that is connected with the "em" will be one space bar tap, so your 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 will all be one tap.

Jimbo