MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 28th, 2002, 03:57 AM

Question Lock Up In Duplicate Mode V2.315

I have recently purchased the 2.315 upgrade and after installation, whenever I try to use the duplicate function my computer completely freezes. (lock-up) I have to push reset as the only way to reboot. I have checked the DirectX and the CDROM settings. I have unintstalled and reinstalled. I run a 1.2G athlon, with 256 Ram, and win98SE. I also ran those aspi driver updates I found on your site.

Previous to this I ran version 2.11? I (older version) and I have used successfully at 1x speed a phillips CDW400 series burner which functioned quiet reliably. I have also order a new burner from MTU which I will install when it arrives, but I would still like to keep the Phillips on the machine and perhaps use it as a reader in conjunction with the new burner in a set it and forget mode to make duplicates. All the other functions of the program seem to work such as the player and import tracks feature.

However, as soon as I click on the "start duplicating" button it locks up. For now I am using the import track feature to duplicate.

Quick help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry
Old August 28th, 2002, 10:26 AM

Jerry,
I am not sure why you are having this problem with this new version. There were no changes to that function since about Version 2.1. There really should be no difference at all between 2.315 and 2.311 in that feature other than it supports newer drives.

I would say it was the ASPI drivers, but you have updated those. Make sure that you check on the Drives Menu/ Aspi Drivers and make sure this is set to Use the Default driver.
Old August 28th, 2002, 10:51 PM

Lockup

Thanks Bryan...that fixed the problem

Jerry B