MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 29th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Cool Burning a CD-G

I have used Microstudio for some time but recently bought a laptop so installed the latest version of microstudio (4.05 at the time). It plays all the tracks that I have on my hard drive but I am unable to create a cd-g disc from the songs on my hard drive to play in my stand alone player. It goes through all the motions but it only allows you to include the audio file and doesn't show the graphics. Would appreciate any help in this matter.

thanks

Neil
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

If you are looking at the disc with Windows Explorer all you will see it Track 01, Track 02, etc. The files that are on the disc are actually BIN (CDG) files and conbtain the lyrics imbedded with the audio track and not a separate file. Have you tried one in your player?
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:31 AM

I have some tracks on my hard drive which have both the audio and the lyrics (cd-g) but when I enter them into microstudio it is only one file that can be seen. When I put the disc in a stand alone player I simply get a blue screen and then nothing
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

Microstudio does not show the CDG (lyrics files) in its list even though it is in the folder. This is to prevent confusion.
If they are MP3+G, or WAV+G or WMV+G then they can be added to the Write Disc list as either Karaoke or Audio. If you are burning them with the Audio button pushed instead of the Karaoke Button the lyrics (cdg) part will not be included in the file created. Thus the blue screen when you play them in your player.
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:22 AM

The karaoke button is pressed as I have checked the settings several times but I think I will change all the settings and then physically change them back to see if that makes a difference
Old August 16th, 2008, 06:46 PM

I am now getting the discs to work on a stand alone karaoke player but it only works for the first 5 tracks and so is unusable after that. The only thing I did different from before to get this far was to install microsoft office 2007 instead of 2003.
Old August 17th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

What type of discs are you using to burn to. Quality of the discs can cause this. So can the drive itself. If the first five are playable then Microstudio is working. Are the rest of the songs not readable (player won't play them at all) or just playing with a lot of graphic glitches?
Old August 17th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Using Memorex discs as I haev always done on my back-ups without any issue and using Plextor drive again that I have used in the past. After number 5 you see very small amounts of text but thats about all
Old August 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

How old is the drive? The laser on burners tends to have less intensity as they age. When writing data files to a disc the variations are not as critical, but when you are writing complex video and audio files it will become more noticable as time goes by. The strange part of it is the files will look normal to the same drive, but when you play them on another drive (player) they will not play correctly.
If you can remember back to the days of floppy discs, a drive head alignment could get off and as long as you use that floppy in the same drive then there was no problem, but put it in another drive and it was unreadable. This is much the same thing.