MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 27th, 2007, 10:59 AM

Question considering upgrade to MS V4.000, question

Am presently running MS V 2.613 which has worked fine for CD-G copying/editing. Using Plextor PX-716 UF burner. I recently purchased a CAVS DVD 203G karaoke player with a number of MP3-G tracks. I will want to convert (edit) some of these tracks to CD-G and burn them to disks.
1. Is this possible with the new program and using the indicated burner? 2. Will the V2.613 program upgrade successfully to the V.4.000 program? 3. Will the new program allow reverse conversions (CD-G to MP3-G)?
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Moon View Post
Am presently running MS V 2.613 which has worked fine for CD-G copying/editing. Using Plextor PX-716 UF burner. I recently purchased a CAVS DVD 203G karaoke player with a number of MP3-G tracks. I will want to convert (edit) some of these tracks to CD-G and burn them to disks.

1. Is this possible with the new program and using the indicated burner? 2. Will the V2.613 program upgrade successfully to the V.4.000 program? 3. Will the new program allow reverse conversions (CD-G to MP3-G)?

1. Yes if they are standard MP3+G. Are you sure this is the format on the discs? If they are Super CDG discs, then the songs are not in MP3+G, but in .dat files that cannot be imported in that format. They would have to be converted by another program.

2. Yes. Best way to do it is run setup and "remove" previous version (won't change you settings). Then run setup again to load new version. Note you will get a new registration code when you purchase the upgrade. Use it to register the new version.

3. No. Why would you need to if you already have them in MP3+G? When you import the files in for Microstudio it does not destroy or change the original file.
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:36 AM

Question Clarification and more questions!!! For Dale Douglas

RE: #1. question I guess (in my ignorance) assumed that MP3-G and SCDG were one and the same! THEY ARE SCDG DISKS! So what you are saying is that they would first have to be converted to .dat files (how involved is this procedure and WHAT SOFTWARE would I have to obtain in order to do this?) before writing them as a CD-G track (disk)

RE: #3. question My wish is to convert my CD-G disks to SCDG in or der to back up these songs, to save room (a few DVDs rather than several hundren CD-G disks).

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Ronald,
What exactly are you trying to do? Are you going to use this CAVS player to do shows or is this just for home use?

Quote:
RE: #1. question I guess (in my ignorance) assumed that MP3-G and SCDG were one and the same! THEY ARE SCDG DISKS! So what you are saying is that they would first have to be converted to .dat files (how involved is this procedure and WHAT SOFTWARE would I have to obtain in order to do this?) before writing them as a CD-G track (disk)
No what I am saying is they are stored on the SCDG (DVD) as one or more large .dat files that contain multiple songs in each file. You will need a program to extract those songs to another format. The program I use is called CDGFix. You can search for it on the internet as this is not an MTU program.

Quote:
RE: #3. question My wish is to convert my CD-G disks to SCDG in or der to back up these songs, to save room (a few DVDs rather than several hundren CD-G disks).
In that case, no, Microstudio does not have any conversion one way or the other for SCDG.
CAVS does have a conversion program they sell to take CDG files and build a SCDG disk. Before you buy their program though I would recommend you read their forums and note the many complaints they get. This would not be my choice for backing up as there are better ways that are much more reliable.
Old March 27th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Thumbs up Thanks

Well, Dale, you've cleared quite a few things up for me, I'll do a little more research on line and may get back to you again later with more questions RE MTU. I did download the 4.000 Demo program, not it seems that my original 2.xxx program is hanging up (the Demo didn't work anyway). Guess I'll delete that Demo out and hope the original program takes off again! Thanks
Old March 27th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Your welcome. Where in Texas are you located?
Old March 27th, 2007, 03:55 PM

Texican!

We live in the Rio Grande Valley, Harlingen, TX About 25 miles North of Brownsville, 30 miles from S. Padre Island and 15 miles from the Mexican border (to the nearest shopping town on the border.) Tis hot here today but will get hotter!

You also asked if I hsed my machine(s) in home or do I have a karaoke business. Both. The competition is fierce in this area so my working at it is aparodic. That's ok though, I'm retired, play the guitar at jam sessions and generally enjoy all about being retired.

You asked, guess I gave you more than you asked for though. Thanks again.

RON
Old March 27th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
We live in the Rio Grande Valley, Harlingen, TX About 25 miles North of Brownsville, 30 miles from S. Padre Island and 15 miles from the Mexican border (to the nearest shopping town on the border.) Tis hot here today but will get hotter!

You also asked if I hsed my machine(s) in home or do I have a karaoke business. Both. The competition is fierce in this area so my working at it is aparodic. That's ok though, I'm retired, play the guitar at jam sessions and generally enjoy all about being retired.

You asked, guess I gave you more than you asked for though. Thanks again.

RON
Not at all Ron, I am currently in San Antonio but getting ready to retire to east Texas.
If you'll turn private messages on I will send you my email address so we can talk about what you are trying to do.
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:14 PM

Talking e mail

Well, since I haven't found where to turn on the private message capability, my e mail is ... HMMM, PERHAPS i'D BEST NOT DO THAT AS THIS GOES PUBLIC DOESN'T IT? I'll look further. My Son just retired to the S.A. area, bought a little ranch out by Boerne. We're going up there for a visit over Easter. Let me look and think on it a bit more. Maybe I can find it a little later. Goin' to karaoke in a little while. Ron