MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 1st, 2006, 05:41 PM

Burner List

I have a Dell laptop and am considering buying Karaoke Suite or Power Karaoke CD+G Pro. I already own Hoster. My question is the internal burner installed in my laptop is a Sony CDRW/DVD CRX835E, but is not on your list. However I know that it is CDG capable because I burned a CDG with the Power CDG Burner program demo. Will my drive work with your program?
Old August 1st, 2006, 06:02 PM
Administrator

If you have Hoster 3.310, try using your Sony drive. If it doesn't work, please post that back here. We may be able add it quickly.

We are doing a total rewrite of Microstudio for 3.000. It will use the same code that Hoster 3.310 has for drive interfacing. If you buy Karaoke Suite 4 now, Microstudio 3.000 will be a free upgrade when released... target is "currently" by August 31, 2006. For software developments, until it is done, it is not done.
Old August 1st, 2006, 06:38 PM

Try using hoster to do what? You can't burn with it. I have used it to import from a CDG however, is that what you mean?
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Yes that is what he meant. If Hoster recognizes and allows importing from the drive then it works.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:57 AM

O.K. Thanks for your quick response. I also have a lacie 300785 that I really like it's an external. I guess I could do the same test on that and see if it reads it. The sony is an internal one. I see there aren't any lacie drives on your list, and that is probably because they were only for macs until the last couple of years. Just so I have it right. If it will read it to import it, then it will work with all the karaoke suite software? Or, I just read a post that makes pretty good sense. Download the demo and see if it will burn a track for starters.

Last edited by rpmzzz; August 2nd, 2006 at 04:04 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:26 AM

I downloaded microstudio demo and it said no for karaoke, but I know my drive works to burn cdg's because I used the demo for another program and it worked. Also, I have used the latest hoster to import from CDG so I know it can do that. But not microstudio.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmzzz
If it will read it to import it, then it will work with all the karaoke suite software?
That isn't quite what Admin said. If it will import that means it works for Hoster. Microstudio is not at that level yet. The major upgrade to version 3.3xx of Hoster was the one that they changed the drive access method allowing all of the additional drives. Microstudio version 3.xxx is due to be completed sometime this year (no exact date) and this will give Microstudio those same capabilities. It is in the works right now so hopefully soon.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmzzz
I downloaded microstudio demo and it said no for karaoke, but I know my drive works to burn cdg's because I used the demo for another program and it worked. Also, I have used the latest hoster to import from CDG so I know it can do that. But not microstudio.
You tested the Microstudio 2.613 demo. It has not been upgraded to the new technology.

There are other programs available that use a method supported by most drives that copies an entire disc image. However, to my knowledge, these other programs will not do what Microstudio 2.613 and prior allow. You can make backup discs like other programs, and also import individual tracks, and play directly from the disc.

As Ddouglass pointed out, we have already upgraded Hoster to import individual tracks, using a new method that works with most drives. That proves we have accomplished the technology to import individual tracks, not just the whole disc image.

Microstudio 3.000 is well underway. Beta 7 went out last night as planned.

I hope this lets you know where we are so you can make your decisions with the facts.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:45 PM

Actually, that is not correct. The other program that I tried their demo, can burn one track on a disk or as many as will fit. I tried it using bin files and it worked great. They also have software suite that does the home produced karaoke as well. Does your karaoke suite demo features allow me to make a karaoke song to see how it works, or do you have to have the fully functioning version to do that?