MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 20th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

cd+g to bin files

how can i convert cd+g files to bin. what software do i need, thanks
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Probably rename only thing necessary

I think I know why you want to do this. "Converting" cdg files (such as what Microstudio creates) is just a matter of changing the file extension from .cdg to .bin. Hope you know how to do that. If not, there are several people who can explain it.

Microstudio will import songs from a karaoke disc as Bin Files.

If you already have cdg files, not from Microstudio, then probably they are not the "right" kind and need to be merged with MP3 files to make a bin file.

You can PM (private message) me if you need info on the software that I use.

Good Luck!

Last edited by jahern; April 20th, 2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old April 20th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern
I think I know why you want to do this. "Converting" cdg files (such as what Microstudio creates) is just a matter of changing the file extension from .cdg to .bin. Hope you know how to do that. If not, there are several people who can explain it.

Microstudio will import songs from a karaoke disc as Bin Files.

If you already have cdg files, not from Microstudio, then probably they are not the "right" kind and need to be merged with MP3 files to make a bin file.

You can PM (private message) me if you need info on the software that I use.

Good Luck!

Excellent start, but if I may edit it below, I'll fill in some details:

Microstudio can import songs from karaoke cdg discs selectable as CDG or BIN (containing audio+graphics), or WAV (audio only) format files.

Converting a Microstudio created .cdg file (containing audio+graphics) to .bin is done using Windows Explorer and simply changing the file name ending extension from .cdg to .bin.

If you already have cdg files (not from Microstudio, that only contain the lyrics/graphics) then they do not contain the audio. To make MP3+G files (implied by jahern above) the Microstudio files are not the "right" kind. You need a different program to take a .bin file and convert it to a MP3+G song.

The PM is disabled in these Forums due to abuse.

If this is not what you are looking for, give us more details and we'll all try to answer you here.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 04:09 AM

cd+g to bin or mp3+g

how can i convert tcd+g to bin or mp3+g files advice would be helpful. thank you
Old April 22nd, 2006, 12:27 PM

cd+g to bin files

thanks for the reply.im trying to make mp+g files im told i need to combine both mp3 audio and cd+g files together into a single file is that correct. i realise bin files are very large. where mp3+g take up less room.im slowly getting the info so why do i want to do this you may ask well its another excercise. for me and another string to my bow. as they say pm as been disabled so i cant pm you but thanks anyway.
Old April 23rd, 2006, 03:59 AM
Administrator

Maybe Jahern will post the software he uses here so you can get it. MTU doesn't offer product to convert MP3+G files to BIN files.

I merged your second April 22 Thread with this one. Please stay in this Thread for this topic. Then we can all see the history of questions and answers provided.
Old April 23rd, 2006, 09:29 AM

mp3gtoolz

I use a free software called mp3gtoolz. I download it from http://www.activeaspsoftware.net/default.aspx?p=home

This will split Bin files, such as created by Microstudio, into two small files that need to be similarly named and in the same folder in order for a free player like Winamp to play the song.

For instance "Flymoon.bin" is split into "Flymoon.cdg" and "Flymoon.mp3"

(The CDG file mentioned here is not equal to the cdg files created by kpro or microstudio and is not "burnable" as a karaoke song onto a cd)

If you want to burn a cd with microstudio and you already have the two small files, then mp3gtoolz will merge these two files together and form a "Bin" file which microstudio can handle.

I'm confused about fuengirola's statement that he is trying to make mp3g's. To the best of my knowledge, an mp3g is the two file system that he himself is talking about; there is no mp3g file merge from these two files. Mp3gtoolz will make a Zip file of these two files.

I only post my knowledge of this software at the behest of Admin and in the absence of a way to do it outside of these forums.

I'm sure there are those who can more correctly explain things.

Good luck all!!
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:44 PM

cd+g to bin files

thanks for you help i know it sounds confusing, im confused myself, but i think ive sussed it, ive manage to email a full karaoke track, which was my intention. thanks to all,,
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:23 AM

cd+g to bin files

well after touring forums on diferent sites i got all in info i needed i have succesfully emailed complete karaoke tracksall played back great. thanks to all for the help. now im buzzing.