MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 13th, 2001, 05:19 AM

Question cdg to vcd

Can any one tell me if it is possible to convert cdg files to vcd?
I know it will mean that i will not have video playing behind the words but it must be possible
Old November 13th, 2001, 10:06 AM

This would be a complicated process. I am not aware of an easy way to do this. The only thing I can think of is for you to record into your computer from your Karaoke Player with hardware designed for creating VCD's in the computer to do this. I believe this would work.
Old November 13th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Frequent Member

You would need a Video Capture card, a video creating program,
Software capable of burning VCD, Your karaoke player & a CD writer that will burn VCD. I have everything but the Video creating program & the video capture and am intending on getting one so I can back up the discs that will soon have the copy protection that Sound Choice is now using. I imagine that other companies are going to start using the same stuff as Sound Choice if people don't stop buying the discs that Sound Choice is making. I am only going to buy specific discs that contain personal choices of songs I would not otherwise get outside of Sound Choice. Unfortunately for me the only Journey friendly company is Sound Choice. So if they get any new JOurney songs I will buy them. outside of that I won't be buying anymore SC discs.
Old November 14th, 2001, 04:50 AM

cdg to vcd

shame i did think that may be the only way.
A bit of a long process for 22 cdgs! Its just that i have a vcd player with mic in and echo ect, but only the very old sega megadrive /mega cd combie that i can play cgds on I may give it a go with some of my fave trakes if i can find a progam that will record and burn vcds

Thanks
Old November 14th, 2001, 11:43 PM

Danny, have you sen the post by Cocktail in the thread just below this one(Sound Choice Problem) ? Says to copy SC he does it in the Custom Assembly tab one song at a time,and there's an extra track at the end that must be skipped. Don't have one of these SC discs or would sure give it a try.

Take care,

George
Old November 15th, 2001, 03:40 PM
Frequent Member

that would be their first attempt at doing it. A friend of mine bought a disc after 8700 and it would not even read in the cdrom as anything.
I had a disc that had the document attached at the end of the disc. you have to find a specific % on the final track's sector info and then copy it using sector to sector (this is using CDRWIN).
I won't say anything further because I know that SOund Choice is awre of this site and likes to check all sites talking about their product.

Last edited by danny_g; November 15th, 2001 at 03:46 PM.
Old November 21st, 2001, 04:14 AM
Frequent Member

i found an interesting program that converts cdg files to AVI files.
it's at

www.karaokevision.com

now if I can find a porgram that will convert the avi file to whatever video file format that will use the least amount of space and still work on a DJ video/audio mixing program I found online I'll be a happy until hoster comes out.