MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM

problems w/microstudio

I have version 2611 microstudio and am running Windows XP.
I have tried updating per instructions and as always my Plextor premium will not read all (or even most ) of my cd+g's in the play mode.
I tried to update today(9/10) and now my Microstudio won't even admit there is a disc in the drive.
Any help I can get on this problem is certainly appreciated as I am just getting very frustrated.
Thanks
Old September 14th, 2005, 09:00 PM

Partial Performance Perplexing??

You seem to be describing a "Sometimes yes..Sometimes no" performance problem. What seems to make the problem occur sometimes? Is it just that some discs do not ever work and others always yes?

Is your drive "admitting" the existence of discs yet?

What is "plextor premium"? Is it a plextor drive? Have you had troubles ever since you got that particular drive? MTU warranties the drives they sell.
Old September 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM

Unhappy draco1513

My drive does admit that there is a disc in it now, but will not play it. This occurs regardless of which disc I play (or try to).
The problem is not specific to one disc or brand.
The plextor premium is a plextor drive and I have had problems of this nature since I bought the drive several months ago.
Old September 16th, 2005, 01:18 AM

More Info

Still, I want some more info. What does your drive do with other software? Does your drive seem to be a good actor with all the other programs that you might use..Nero, Roxio etc.?

I'm not sure why MTU is not chiming in with "That drive will not work" or "We don't support that drive yet" or "We only warranty the drives that we sell"

PS I think I have seen your name in another forum either in the video area or Harry Potter area. Welcome to MTU; hope we can help you past the problem.
Old September 16th, 2005, 08:29 AM

Plextor premium doesn't tell us that much.

Which specific model number of the Premium seried do you have?

If it is one of the SA models, then I don't believe MTU supports those drives.

Have you been running Microstudio with another drive, and just changed drives or is Microstudio new to you also?

George
Old September 23rd, 2005, 09:17 AM

George,
The Plextor-Premium is the Part number, actually on this model. It is supported and has been since at least 2.609 if not before. Here is a Link to Plextor for the Information on this drive http://www.plextor.com/english/products/Premium.html

Also the SA models of the 712 and the 716, have been said to work, by clients. We have not yet tested one of these drives, but we have customers telling us they do work.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT
George,
The Plextor-Premium is the Part number, actually on this model. It is supported and has been since at least 2.609 if not before. Here is a Link to Plextor for the Information on this drive http://www.plextor.com/english/products/Premium.html

Also the SA models of the 712 and the 716, have been said to work, by clients. We have not yet tested one of these drives, but we have customers telling us they do work.
Listed under the Plextor Premium are the 716-AL, 716-SA, PX-716-UF,
and the PX-716-A, plus the 714 series.

On that basis considering the 716-SA is not supported, the exact model was necessary.

And here's a link to a thread where YOU and ADMIN say this drive(SA version) is not supported and wont be until Microstudio 3000 comes out.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...hlight=Plextor

George

Last edited by George; September 23rd, 2005 at 10:19 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 02:47 PM

I see where you sare getting your Information George. This is not correct. The drive that this guy is referring to is actually the Premium, this is the Model it is the exact one that I stated in the post above.

I guess on Plextor's site under the Products, DVD drives it states that those are the "Premium Series" that you were referring to.

The 716al is the only one that is not yet supported, other than the new 740 drive, which does not support CD+G.

Sorry about the confusion.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 03:39 PM

No problem