MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 16th, 2005, 08:28 PM

Playing Audio+G & Cdg files after conversion...

Ok, Hello Mtu community!

I have a slight problem. I want to say that I ordered/downloaded Microstudio! I must say that I am overall pleased with the product, however do have a problem. My overall goal was to backup my discs to the harddrive, so I can make new ones when the get scratched. Between the wife and kids, they take a beating. Anyway, here's what I do. I have a plextor 716a drive, which I just bought.

(1)I put the cd in the drive and import the files to my hard drive as .bin files.
(2)I convert the files to audio+g files with mp3 toolz, which creates (2) files....a .mp3/.cdg
(3)I CANNOT PLAY THE FILES WITH MICROSTUDIO from the hardrive.....However, I can with winamp...just fine!
(4)When I want to make a cd I convert the (2) files back to .bin file and burn them to a cd...Wola, done. I can then play the files from the cd on my cpu or on any karaoke machine!

My whole question is....WHY CAN'T I PLAY THE .mp3/.cdg file with mircostudio from my computer harddrive so I can get rid of winamp????????

Thank You....MrD

Oh, I should probably tell you that when I try to play the files through microstudio, they play for a few sec, all garbled and shut off. I've tried removing all software, checked drivers, etc. I'm looking for some suggestions!!!

microstudio 2.610
windows xp - home
ibm pent (4)
512mb ram
plextor 716a dvd drive

Last edited by MrDelicious2; February 16th, 2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:18 PM

Re: Playing Audio+G & Cdg files after conversion...

Microstudio does not recognize MP3.

You can import and play as either .CDG or .BIN.

Just import them and don't convert them to MP3. That should solve the problem.

George
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:23 PM

Well, that settles that then!

Thanks, I was hoping there was a way to do this.
The .cdg files and the .bin files are too large to save on the drive, hence the reason for compressing them! Have to stick with both player/options then...Thanks again!

MrD2
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:50 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Another alternative would be to go ahead and make your back up's now. That's what I did, and freed up even more hard drive space.

Take care,

George
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:00 AM

for the purpose that you are stating, you should have bought hoster. It uses KMA files which are about the size of an mp3 files.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:27 AM

What would that gain?

His stated purpose was to save cdg's to disc to be burned back to disc in the event his originals get damaged.

Microstudio doesn't recognize KMA files, and Hoster doesn't burn discs.

Even if there were a program out there that would convert KMA files, he'd be no different off than he is with MP3's would he?

George
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:33 AM

Quote:
for the purpose that you are stating, you should have bought hoster. It uses KMA files which are about the size of an mp3 files.
By the sounds of it, he would need Hoster and Microstudio both. As it sounds his wife and kids use the disks on a player. (least that's the way it reads)

You could play the mp3+g's in hoster, as well as still be able to make the CD's when they get scratched. Importing to KMA wouldn't allow for this as you wouldn't then be able to reverse the process.
Old February 17th, 2005, 12:09 PM

I guess what i meant is that he could import all his songs into hoster and would be able to play them all back without taking a huge amount of disc space. CDG files are almost 10 times as large. It certainly wouldn't help with the burning them back to disc. He'll just have to use microstudio to make backups for archive perpose.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:14 PM

Thanx all! I'm kinda of a all-in-one kinda guy, that's all. The way I'm doing it now is fine, was just under the assumption that it would play the files after being burnt to the hard-drive. The free program takes care of playing the songs instead!

MrD2