MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 16th, 2004, 10:32 AM

Trouble duplicating disks

I just purcased a new Dell. I installed my Sony 8X CD-RW drive from the old computer. I have been using the Sony for several years with Microstudio with no problems. No I get an error when I try to duplicate a disc. It says, "Select a reading device (CDROM)" My Sony is listed as the reading drive and the writing drive. What am doing wrong. I purchased version 2.609 yesterday. I tried your tech support many times, but they referred me here.
Old December 17th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Trouble duplicating disks

I have the same problem with my plextor 16/10/40a, it will import tracs but if you try dup disc i get same thing as you get. Bob
Old December 20th, 2004, 04:00 PM

This is a bug in the Software. All you have to do is click the Down arrow on the Right hand side of the Reading Drive. Left click the where it states the Plextor drive on the very bottom. Then it should close the Listbox. Then close Microstudio and Reopen it. It should now work.

This is the only way to fix this, so if it doesn't work, do this again.
Old December 20th, 2004, 09:32 PM

Smile Re: Trouble duplicating disks

Brian, thanks for your reply, it's nice to know your really out there trying to help. As I stated in my first thread-tweakiing the file type boxes got me going, so does your solution, thanks. One more thing I discovered with the plextor px-w555224a- at max speed i got a few "dots" in the background of some disks (various brands) and a little choppy sound. slowed it down to 40 and all things look great if you haven't got a few extra nanoseconds to wait in your life, then your working too hard!!
You have a very content customer now. Your "trail/test" downlaod is a VERY usefull item. I suggest everyone check thier drives before buying the program-it will save a lot of headaches for them and tech support. thanks again.
Old December 29th, 2004, 10:03 AM

Angry Re: Trouble duplicating disks

Brian, I have tried doing this several times. My reading device is only recognized when I switch CD.. when I go back to CD+G to duplicate it will not recognize my reading device. It is just a DVD rom that came with my Dell computer. Do I have to buy another Plextor to be able to duplicate a disc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT
This is a bug in the Software. All you have to do is click the Down arrow on the Right hand side of the Reading Drive. Left click the where it states the Plextor drive on the very bottom. Then it should close the Listbox. Then close Microstudio and Reopen it. It should now work.

This is the only way to fix this, so if it doesn't work, do this again.
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:36 AM

This means that your drive will not support CD+G. If you have a Plextor drive then, yes it would work. The drive that came from Dell won't support CD+G unless it is a Plextor brand of drive.
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Frequent Member

you will need a drive that will do CD+G. the one that came with your dell wont do it. i would get one that is certified from MTU. good luck Bob.
Old December 29th, 2004, 12:31 PM

Ok, thanks.. that is what I was afraid of, I just bought one Plextor, I just didn't want to have to buy another one.
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:47 AM

Vickilynn,
All you need is one Plextor. You use this as the Reading and Writing drive both. It can do this with only ONE Plextor. Sorry I just saw this post again.