MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old January 26th, 2004, 04:37 PM

Question Disk won't play

I am burning CDs with Microstudio and everything seems to be OK...at least the software is saying everything completed OK. When I go to play the CD in my Karaoke machine it doesn't play.

Any suggestions or links you can give me? Thanks in advance.

Shmengy
Old January 26th, 2004, 07:31 PM

Post More info

BTW, I have tried store bought CDs in the player and they work fine.

Shmengy
Old January 26th, 2004, 10:01 PM

Question More Info Please

Can you please tell us the brand of burner, karaoke machine and the Media (cd's) you're using?

Thanks
Old January 26th, 2004, 10:26 PM

The burner is a Plextor USB Plexwritter Premium.

The Karaoke machine is a Radio Shack home karaoke machine.

The media is ... umm ... blank. I have no ide what brand I bought since I bought it a few years ago - it is a 100 CD spindle.

Hope this helps.

Shmengy.
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:25 AM

It's possible your CDG machine won't play CDR's. I have seen this on a few machines that I have tested. K-Mart use to have a cheap CDG machine that couldn't read 'burned' cdg's.

Jim
Old January 27th, 2004, 03:54 PM

Question Branded Models

Now that I burn DVD I recently realized that a good brand still makes the difference, for EX. I can't play my back up DVD on any no name DVD Player I tried it on but it will be perfect on the newer model from Toshiba, Panasonic, JVC, Sony...

Maybe Jimbo is right, so you might want to test a burned cdg using Microstudio on a good brand like JVC or Pioneer?

Let us know...

regards
Old January 27th, 2004, 04:20 PM

You're not by any chance using data media are you?

Many of the inexpensive Karaoke players and even some of the higher dollar "all in one" type Karaoke units are not coded to read data media, whereas most of the "component" brands will.

Players that will not read "Data" media require media that is specifically marked "Audio".

George

Last edited by George; January 27th, 2004 at 04:45 PM.
Old January 27th, 2004, 04:24 PM

There may be a cheaper way!

Shmengy,

The first thing I would do is to get another media such as TDK, I believe they minumim package is ten and you can buy 50 of them from less than $20 at CompUsa.

Make sure it is rated for the speed of your machine, if not, then record at the highest rated speed for the media. Burners have come a long way within the last year and a few, including Plextor do not write too well at lower speeds and some don't write anything at all.

In fact you get the highest quality when you match: high grade media such as Mitsui Silver or TDK matched and record to the burner rated speed. You mentioned you are using over a year media which name, you didn't even know.

If you buy good media, burn a CDR on your Plextor and it doesn't play on your home machine. Then the problem will be a no-brainer to know and you may have to get another player

Good luck,

Jon
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:23 PM

Data Media

I'm using TDK Data 48X Certified and never had any problems on any machine, I'm using these cd's for standard music also.

My believe is that the "Data" has less protection on it versus the "Music" model. I tried both from TDK and I did notice a better sound on the "Music" model but I don't believe it's worth to pay twice has much.

Once you burn a cd, isn't music data (Digital Data)?

regards
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:39 PM

I'll stand by what I said because I have been there and done that....Some machines are not coded to read data if their intent is to play audio.

George
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:06 PM

Talking Thanks for the help

Guys, I thank you for all of the help. I will buy the smallest packs of several types of good media to see which works the best/cheapest.

Shmengy

P.S. Anyone know when global warming is going to kick in? It is D@MNED cold out.
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:39 PM

Sorry Mlepine

Quote:
Originally posted by George
I'll stand by what I said because I have been there and done that....Some machines are not coded to read data if their intent is to play audio.

I hate to appear as if I was taking sides. I am not! but George's comments above are technically and factually correct!

Regards,

Jon
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:09 PM

Re: Sorry Mlepine

Quote:
Originally posted by jaddams

I hate to appear as if I was taking sides. I am not! but George's comments above are technically and factually correct!

Regards,

Jon [/b]
Jon,

If that's the case, I'll believe you guy's and happy to learn something!

Shmengy,

Talk about a small world, just realized where you're from!!
If you want to try cheap brands why not try Fuji (not the data) or the TDK for music at Costco?
And yes it's COOOOOOLD!!!

Best regards
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:15 PM

Considering that the generics I have are 5+ years old I will try to get some new media. I work next to the Costco in Laval so I know what I will be doing at Lunch tomorrow.

Cheers,
Shmengy
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:36 PM

Thanks Mlepine. No offense intended!

An old goat like me learns a few things a we struggle through life.

I found this out after doing research trying to find an answer why CompUSA had CD media for Data and CD media for Music. My first call went to Maxell (I knew someone there) and it took off from there.

I got a real education really fast!

Best regards,

Jon
Old January 28th, 2004, 07:49 AM

As far as a difference between data and music cd's, There is. I have a music cd burner, and it will not use data cd's the book says there is a difference in the way a music cd is formatted vs a data CD
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:07 AM

It's a good policy not to contradict another person's post unless well equipped with accurate information that can be backed up, and even then simply add your input without trying to one-up the other person and challange them personally.

Oh, by the way, Mlepine to answer your question, all cd audio recordings are not Digital Data. Many still employ analog recording tecniques.

George

Last edited by George; January 28th, 2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:13 AM

Yep!!!!!
Old January 28th, 2004, 10:41 AM

Angry Re: Data Media

Quote:
Originally posted by mlepine It's a good policy not to contradict another person's post unless well equipped with accurate information that can be backed up, and even then simply add your input without trying to one-up the other person and challange them personally.

I'm using TDK Data 48X Certified and never had any problems on any machine, I'm using these cd's for standard music also.

My believe is that the "Data" has less protection on it versus the "Music" model. I tried both from TDK and I did notice a better sound on the "Music" model but I don't believe it's worth to pay twice has much.

Once you burn a cd, isn't music data (Digital Data)?

George,

I suggest you read my post again, don't I say MY BELIEVE??
What's not accurate or need to be backed up? I'm saying I never had any problems with Data cd's and I mean it!!

It seems a bit difficult to express an opinion with out having you jump in all the time (on my Post only) and say the opposite or... Buy the way, if you go back and read a previous post regarding Media you'll see that I suggested the TDK Data Media and I don't recall reading anything from you at that time?

Now, I'm anxious to read your nice reply to my post has usual!!

regards
Old January 28th, 2004, 11:53 AM

Mlepine:

Since you ask for an answer, you'll get one.

.....and that answer is that I did not contradict your assessment that Schmengy might need a "good brand" player.( an insult to say the least)

I simply offered another possible, much less expensive alternative, as did Jon.

It was you who, as usual turned it into a confrontation, not me.

To answer your question, no one questioned what you said.
What was not accurate or backed up was your inference that I was wrong in saying some players would not read data media...they won't.

It was you who refused, as usual to see that I just might be right,
until Jon came in and confirmed what I was saying.

Reading the entire thread will easily substantiate what I've just said.

Oh, by the way, those were not your words that were being quoted in your post, they were mine.

George

Last edited by George; January 28th, 2004 at 12:22 PM.
Closed Thread