MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:27 PM

Error fail to load dll:ismtu

I am attempting to load MS Studio 3.004 on Vista Home Premium. Receive error 0x80040702 fail to load dll: ISMTU. Vistal is completely updated and is running the lates dotnet.(ver3). I have also completed the registery edit as described in one of the other posts. Still receiving the error.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Microstudio 3.004 is not compatible or loadable on Vista. Miscrostudio 4.006 is compatible. You will need to purchase an upgrade to get it to work.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:19 PM

thanks thats one item i missed guess it will be a challenge to get the upgrade price!

thanks thats one item i missed. guess it will be a challenge to get the upgrade price since I can't load the previous version.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Microstudio 3.004 is not compatible or loadable on Vista. Miscrostudio 4.006 is compatible. You will need to purchase an upgrade to get it to work.
Ahem..correction! Let's not go starting any more false rumors. Microsotudio 4.006 works on Vista 32bit. It blows chunks on Vista 64 bit. Of course MTU left that part out for all of us unsuspecting purchasers.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuurus View Post
Ahem..correction! Let's not go starting any more false rumors. Microsotudio 4.006 works on Vista 32bit. It blows chunks on Vista 64 bit. Of course MTU left that part out for all of us unsuspecting purchasers.
hohn5178 already said he/she is using Vista Home Premium which is a 32 bit version, so therefore the information I gave is correct. We all understand that you are upset because it won't work on the 64 bit Vista, but then it won't work on older versions of of Windows or OS/2 or Macintosh either. The fact that it won't run on Vista 64 is also stated directly on the webpage for Microstudio. And they are scheduled to try to find the problem and fix it in August.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohn5178 View Post
thanks thats one item i missed. guess it will be a challenge to get the upgrade price since I can't load the previous version.
My suggestion then would be to put in a Support Email for Sales and ask them about this. It is a situation I don't think they thought about when implementing the new procedures.
I have thought of one other thing that could be keeping you from loading the older version (it won't work right, but if you can get it loaded then you could upgrade) and that is to check to make sure you have .net framework installed. Check you Add/Remove Programs in control panel and see if it is there. If not go to Microsoft updates and install it.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
hohn5178 already said he/she is using Vista Home Premium which is a 32 bit version, so therefore the information I gave is correct. We all understand that you are upset because it won't work on the 64 bit Vista, but then it won't work on older versions of of Windows or OS/2 or Macintosh either. The fact that it won't run on Vista 64 is also stated directly on the webpage for Microstudio. And they are scheduled to try to find the problem and fix it in August.
I hear ya and I am frustrated. However I will point out that MTU didnt put anything on the web page about not running under Vista 64 until well after I posted several times and emailed them to no avail. Finally when I started ranting on the forums...they updated their webpage.

I sure hope they fix it. Hopefully they will learn a valuable lesson about Quality Control and testing. It sucks having to run a VMWARE version of WINXP from vista just to get this one program to function.

[ok..I feel better now]
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Considering that we are talking about a small 3 person company how do you expect them to QC on every format of XP and Vista that is available. I don't believe any of the beta testers has or at the least had Vista 64 bit at the time 4.006 was released. The worst part about it is every form of XP including the 64 bit version all work and most have a core operating system that is the same. Vista on the other hand adds things to the core that cause programs to work just fine in some and not so well in other versions. I know those guys are getting very frustrated with Vista and all its quirks and bugs.
Just out of curiosity how many other programs do you have on that computer that do not work correctly in Vista 64 bit?
Old July 30th, 2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Considering that we are talking about a small 3 person company how do you expect them to QC on every format of XP and Vista that is available. I don't believe any of the beta testers has or at the least had Vista 64 bit at the time 4.006 was released. The worst part about it is every form of XP including the 64 bit version all work and most have a core operating system that is the same. Vista on the other hand adds things to the core that cause programs to work just fine in some and not so well in other versions. I know those guys are getting very frustrated with Vista and all its quirks and bugs.
Just out of curiosity how many other programs do you have on that computer that do not work correctly in Vista 64 bit?
You wont believe this but only Microstudio 4.006. Everything else works great to include audio/video/graphic/printers
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:25 PM

Hey Dale,

The other piece I meant to comment on, and its more of a personal opinion just like yours, was this piece of your reply:

Considering that we are talking about a small 3 person company how do you expect them to QC on every format of XP and Vista that is available. I don't believe any of the beta testers has or at the least had Vista 64 bit at the time 4.006 was released.

>>>>

I take great exception to that. I dont care if its a 1 person company or a 1000 person company. When you make representation and take my money for a product I buy in good faith I expect that product to work as "originally" stated. Rather than assume something works under Vista and post it on your web site to drive sales. I would like to have seen them place a blurb like "This product hasn't been verified under Vista". If they didnt have Vista software to test on then dont say it works and then have to back track later and change your web site. It kinda pisses off paying customers. Especially when all I kept getting for support mas the mindless parroting of

1.) Update your firmware
2.) Update your OS

All this from folks that weren't even running it on Vista 64. See what happens when you assume? lol

I can see that they are working hard to resolve the issue....or at least thats what the web site says. But the comment about them only being a 3 person company doesnt cut bait with me. They were perfectly willing to accept money and sell the product under false claims until they got caught. I only hope a lesson was learned here.

Now concerning the limited resources they have, I write a bit of code. I would love to get a crack at fixing it if they provide me the source!

Last edited by Kuurus; July 30th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.