MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 25th, 2007, 01:50 PM

microstudio 4.000 cuts a few seconds off before song is finished

I'm using windows xp pro with all the latest upgrades. when I record a cd-g disc using microstudio 4 it cuts off the end of the song by a few seconds when I play it back on my karaoke machine. I seen someone else has the same problem is there something I'm doing wrong??? I've try adding the extra time between tracks but it didn't matter, it still cut off the end. Also, the original cd-g disc plays just fine. I'm using the plextor px-716al burner. any help would be greatly appreciated as none of the cd-g's I burned are any good. Thanks
Jim

Last edited by james18249; July 25th, 2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: needed more information
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:54 AM

Unhappy

I too have this problem. I was wondering if I used a 74 minute CD and posted it as 80 minute CD. When I put in all of my songs it said I ha 4 minutes left. I may delete a song and see if that works. Let me kmow if this problem gets solved.
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

James,
I am not sure how this went un-noticed by MTU or the rest of us.
When you say you have the latest upgrades from Microsoft, is this through the auto-update or have you gone to the update web and done the "Custom" updates?
Also have you gone to Plextor's website and updated the firmware for your PX-716?

Ron,
Are you saying that you did this or if it would work? If it is a 74 minute CD then set the program to 74 min so it can calculate your time correctly. If it said you have 4 minutes left then yes it will run out of room (80 - 74 = 6 meaning you ran over by 2 minutes). And this isn't the same problem as James since his is cutting off the end of each song, not the end of the disc.
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:33 AM

Red face

Thank's for the instant reply. I haven't tried it yet. I just discovered it last night. The CD's are the printable CD's from Fry's and I didn't have the label that says what time is available on them. I am not getting 100% yield with these CD's but when they work they are OK. I run them through an Epson 220 CD printer then spray with a clear lacquar from Home Depot. Then they look "STORE BOUGHT".
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Ron,
Are you saying that you did this or if it would work? If it is a 74 minute CD then set the program to 74 min so it can calculate your time correctly. If it said you have 4 minutes left then yes it will run out of room (80 - 74 = 6 meaning you ran over by 2 minutes). And this isn't the same problem as James since his is cutting off the end of each song, not the end of the disc.
That is not correct..

The DISC MEDIA setting has no effect on what is actually written. If you have it set wrong as compared to the media you are actually using, if the setting is less than the media, a warning will tell you that the media does not contain enough room, based on your input. This is strictly a warning as the program assumes you have that setting correct.

However, if you set the DISC MEDIA at 18 minutes, but in fact have inserted an 80 minute disc, and want to write 78 minutes, the program will NOT stop writing at 18 minutes, and you will get the full 78 minutes.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; August 10th, 2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:01 PM

I may have mis-read Dale's answer, and we both said the same thing in a different way.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Green View Post
Thank's for the instant reply. I haven't tried it yet. I just discovered it last night. The CD's are the printable CD's from Fry's and I didn't have the label that says what time is available on them. I am not getting 100% yield with these CD's but when they work they are OK. I run them through an Epson 220 CD printer then spray with a clear lacquar from Home Depot. Then they look "STORE BOUGHT".
Be careful that it doesn't look exactly like the original or someone may think you are counterfeitting (sp) them.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:41 PM

Smile

Nah, I design my own with my wife's favorite colors and big print so she can read the title's with glasses. No way do they look anything like the original.
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:55 PM

Cutting Off The Song By A Few Seconds.

james18249 I'm using windows xp pro with all the latest upgrades. when I record a cd-g disc using microstudio 4 it cuts off the end of the song by a few seconds when I play it back on my karaoke machine.

I think people are assuming that you mean cutting off the recording time on your disc, but it sounds like you are saying that each song is somehow affected when you play it in your karaoke machine, not your computer.

I had a reverse problem in versions earlier than 4.001, possibly 4.000. My karaoke machine would play the whole song, but if the music pushed up too close to the end of the graphics in the song, the music would be cut off a few seconds when I played it with my computer using Microstudio That problem was finally fixed the last time I checked. (Haven't checked 4.002 )

You said playing it back on your karaoke machine. I don't know what to make of that except that perhaps it has to do with the two second gap in-between tracks. I think that Microstudio might not allow those two second gaps and some songs might be cutting it close (Music ending very close to the end of the track), Your particular karaoke machine might not take too kindly to that (I assume your originals play OK)

It's very similar to the problem I complained about for years, but it isn't the same thing. (According to how I interpret your description)