MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 9th, 2007, 01:14 PM

imported songs gone

i imported a few cdg's and deleted 3 songs from the playlist and also from the hardrive..for some reason after the 3 songs i deleted , the rest of the songs are gone.. cant find 'em..just checked my hardrive the songs are in there all 149 of them so far..but when i clicked on refresh button progress bar went thru all 149 of them but only 15 of the songs are showing up.

Last edited by billyo; April 9th, 2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old April 9th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Are these all the same type as in Karaoke or Audio or do you have a mix?
In other words do you have the right button pushed up top?
Old April 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Are these all the same type as in Karaoke or Audio or do you have a mix?
In other words do you have the right button pushed up top?
i'm not sure what you meant, but all are karaoke cdgs no audio, , not sure what you meant by button pushed up top the file button is already highlighted in green all i do was click on import tracks..select songs and clicked on import selected tracks , import as : karaoke bin is already highlighted also..the funny thing was the 15 songs that are on the list are the first cdg i imported yesterday..i highlighted the songs i deleted
Old April 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Microstudio can import Audio tracks as well as Karaoke. That is why there are 4 buttons across the top for Karaoke Files (shows files on hard drive in default folder) and CD (shows tracks on CD in default drive) and Audio Files (shows wav files in default folder) and CD (shows audio tracks on default CD drive).
If Karaoke Files is what is green, then it will show all the files in the default (set by you) folder. Are you sure you don't have sub-folders and happen to be looking at one of those? The refresh will only show what is in the main folder that is set as the default. Sub-folder information is not shown.
Old April 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Microstudio can import Audio tracks as well as Karaoke. That is why there are 4 buttons across the top for Karaoke Files (shows files on hard drive in default folder) and CD (shows tracks on CD in default drive) and Audio Files (shows wav files in default folder) and CD (shows audio tracks on default CD drive).
If Karaoke Files is what is green, then it will show all the files in the default (set by you) folder. Are you sure you don't have sub-folders and happen to be looking at one of those? The refresh will only show what is in the main folder that is set as the default. Sub-folder information is not shown.

i'm sure i dont have any sub folders, no big deal i can just re-import the songs again, i'll just have to delete the songs i imported in the hardrive, my only problem was i just dont wan to delete a song and and my imported songs wll dis-appear again..
Old April 9th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Try going to the folder and delete the file Microstudio.kar This is the index file for what is in the folder. Then re=open Microstudio. It should rebuild the index.
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Try going to the folder and delete the file Microstudio.kar This is the index file for what is in the folder. Then re=open Microstudio. It should rebuild the index.
i already deleted the songs i had in my hardrive and i just got done re-importing about 12 cdg's, this might be a dumb question, but how do i go to my " folder ", just incase something happens again....i've tried going to every folders in microstudio and i couldnt find " microstudio.kar..i search all the folders in my comp.all i have was the microstudio.exe..and my hardrives only has the songs i just got done re-importing..
Old April 10th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Open Microstudio and under Tools/Default Folder and find the path they were stored to. Are you running Vista Billyo?
Old April 10th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Open Microstudio and under Tools/Default Folder and find the path they were stored to. Are you running Vista Billyo?
oh ok thanks..no i am not running vista, i have the vista software though, i know a tech support from dell and she told me not to install it yet for about 6 months, till they fixed all the patches, and bugs..they are getting a lot of calls ( driver compatabilities ) problems.