MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 18th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Frequent Member

Question Admin...How do you properly adjust "High" filter?

Ref: Vogone 2.104

After I import the digital stereo wave file I play it with the Default settings that Vogone opens with. In most cases most of the vocal is removed.
FINE TUNING:
Next I select the LOW filter and play the song adjusting the INDEX LINE to the Left until I don't hear any Vocal. Up to this point your instructions are Clear and in most cases more Vocal is removed from the Default settings that Vogone opens up in. The NEXT step is to adjust the HIGH FILTER.

The instructions are not clear on the HIGH FILTER adjustment. PLEASE CLEARIFY.

I know that if I adjust the High Filter Index Line to the Left I will eventually hear the vocal coming thru.....BUT WHAT IS THE PROPER PROCEDURE FOR ADJUSTING THE HIGH FILTER? STEP BY STEP PLEASE!
Old June 18th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Here's what to do

Click the High play button. You will only here the high frequencies above the value where the High adjuster is set. When it is at the far left location, you will hear 2KHz frequencies and higher. There will be vocal frequencies present. It is best to adjust the Loop 1 and Loop 2 pointers in the Play Location group to loop play on an area with vocals. Then, you know the vocals are present.

You should then move the High slider to the RIGHT until you don't hear any frequencies that corrolate to the vocals. That is why it is important to set the Loop points first. This is the MAXIMUM removal of the vocal.

After doing this, you should next click the Play Vogone button to hear all the processors working together. Then, you can note where the High was set, but try moving it some to the right to "restore" some of the music instrument high frequencies. You can do the same with the LOW adjuster also. You can now hear some of the vocal coming back as you adjust the sliders. Actually you may not hear the vocal high frequencies for quite a long movement of the HIGH slider. The advantage this offers is that you can now make the tradeoff of restoring some of the music, which often can have a much more significant positive improvement on the music at the expense of a little bit of the vocal being added back in.

This is the MAJOR difference between Vogone and all other vocal eliminator programs. We empower you to tweak the music restoration -vs- vocal reduction for each song, to your particular liking.