MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 27th, 2006, 08:54 PM

Saved Play and/or Write List

Is there no way to load a previously created Play List or Write List (as with previous versions)?

It appears if I wish to burn or alter a previously created custom disk I must populate the Write List from scratch each time... or have I missed something? The help file does make reference to a ".prj" file (which is indeed a Write List), but is only the most recent one.
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Microstudio is designed for file manipulation (CD to HDD and HDD to CD) not to use the playlist for shows. That is what Hoster and Hoster Lite are for and they can save playlists.
Old November 28th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie View Post
Is there no way to load a previously created Play List or Write List (as with previous versions)?

It appears if I wish to burn or alter a previously created custom disk I must populate the Write List from scratch each time... or have I missed something? The help file does make reference to a ".prj" file (which is indeed a Write List), but is only the most recent one.
Bernie, you have correctly realized that we only have one Write Disc list, which is saved and doesn't disappear when you close Microstudio.

In designing the features for Microstudio 3.0, which is a totally new program - not using any existing Microstudio 2.6 code - we took into consideration all the requests and problems users had made for the past years. Thus, we designed Microstudio 3.0 to be useable by more folks (lots of users don't understand Windows "folders" or "directories"). To keep things VERY SIMPLE, it has one default folder that works for every function, or you can change it if you know what you are doing. The ability to save/open/new Play lists or Write Disc lists, was sacrificed as it would require understanding folders and project files.

I am paying attention to your request and will bring this up in our Engineering meeting this morning, to see if there is an easy way to allow saving a Write Disc list as a different name, and finding and opening them. I do NOT want to complicate using our default folder and project. That would totally defeat our "simplification" of the product and require all users to understand folders. I can't do that, but I'll see if there is a way in the Tools menu, or some other means to provide a way to have Save/Open/New Write Disc projects.

As Ddouglass wrote, Microstudio is not designed for running shows, but only for playing songs at home to verify them, then adding them to the Write Disc list to make a new disc... either CDG or CD.

Hope this helps...
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:23 AM

Yes, I understand what Hoster is for. I have it and use it for running shows.

I also have KHPro to create my own tracks and Keyrite to change others into my key. Microstudio is what I used to assemble custom discs of those original and/or favorite tracks. It was exceptional for that purpose, and for my needs, it was a key feature.

The new Microstudio may fill someone else's need for file manipulation, but it broke a feature I regularly used. What a shame both versions can't coexist. I am a strong supporter of MTU software and purchase every update. However, in the case of Microstudio, I've unistalled my latest purchase and returned to 2.613.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:57 AM

Bernie, I also was very disappointed to lose the saved lists which I used to burn my backup CDG's. I have about 100 songs that I sing. I have them keychanged (if needed) and I keep them in one directory. I have five backup disks which are simply in alphabetical order so I always have every song I do when I go out to sing. I have a list called "Favorites" which I always have with me. I only have to give one CDG to the host for every song I want to do that night. This lists sometimes changes by only one song or to include seasonal songs. It was so easy to re-burn one of those disks if one got scratched. I also sing one hour concerts in homes that take care of the elderly. I have three different CDG'S with different song selections or sequences. Again, it was so easy to just choose the name of the disk and hit the burn button. I am considering switching back to the old version, also.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie View Post
Microstudio is what I used to assemble custom discs of those original and/or favorite tracks. It was exceptional for that purpose, and for my needs, it was a key feature.

The new Microstudio may fill someone else's need for file manipulation, but it broke a feature I regularly used. What a shame both versions can't coexist. I am a strong supporter of MTU software and purchase every update. However, in the case of Microstudio, I've unistalled my latest purchase and returned to 2.613.
DITTO 100% as I've posted elsewhere, The CUSTOM ASSEMBLY feature which involved opening different saved playlists for burning discs had absolutely nothing to do with playing shows.

Without that capability I have also been forced to uninstalled 3001 and go back to 2611.

Last edited by George; December 3rd, 2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:59 PM

Hoster........Hoster Lite

Microstudio.........Microstudio Lite

Why not? I'd be willing to pay more to keep the superior product(Microstudio 2XXX) with all it's features as long as it get's it's fair share of upgrading.
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Developing and releasing mulitple products is expensive, and creates problems for developers.

We are now testing Microstudio 3.002. It contains New-Open-Save and Save As buttons in the Write Disc dialog to handle multiple WRITE DISC Lists.

We have no plans or intentions to support the multiple PLAY LISTS of the past. Microstudio's play is for previewing to insure quality. Hoster has full support for running shows.
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:44 AM

This is great news. Putting the WRITE DISC options back in Microstudio will save me a lot of time and work to burn my discs. I certainly understand why you will leave the PLAY LIST out of the program. I have never used it anyway. I just read all postings to this thread again and not one of the users is concerned with the PLAY LIST. All postings are concerned with the WRITE DISC capability to burn discs from the saved lists. So, everyone should be happy. Thank you admin!