MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 13th, 2005, 08:16 PM

Problems with some Music Maestro disks

I have had no problem using Music Maestro disks in the past. All of a sudden I am finding problems with some of the ones I have purchased recently. Two so far. One is #6330.

When I attempt to read the files in my Plextor PX-712UF the disks start vibrating instead of spinning properly and reading the disks.

Is MM doing something with their disks now to prevent them from being accessed on computers? If not, any ideas to resolve the issue?

Thanks.
Old May 14th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Problems with some Music Maestro disks

I have had the same problem, they are out of balance and vibrate bad. i have a lot of mm disc, what i had to do was to copy them first then import them in to hoster, this worked great. had to do it with about 30 of them . a lot of work but well worth it. hope this helps. Bob
Old May 14th, 2005, 02:34 PM

Could be a defective run with unbalanced paint on the label side and they'd make it right. You never know 'till you ask.

info@musicmaestro.com

George
Old May 14th, 2005, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcox
I have had the same problem, they are out of balance and vibrate bad. i have a lot of mm disc, what i had to do was to copy them first then import them in to hoster, this worked great. had to do it with about 30 of them . a lot of work but well worth it. hope this helps. Bob
Just realized why I was puzzled.

If the discs will spin to copy without any vibration, why won't they spin to import?

George

Last edited by George; May 14th, 2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old May 14th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Frequent Member

they do vibrate when you copy them. and some of them take quite a long time. but you do end up with a clean copy that does not vibrate. mm dosnt replace anything your fault or not. you can cut out the vibrating to copy if you use an ultra plex they spin very very fast. but micro studio dosnt reconize that reader. Bob
Old May 14th, 2005, 07:38 PM

Gotcha...had me scratching the old noggin on that one.

Take care,

George
Old May 14th, 2005, 11:11 PM

The problem is that it just keeps vibrating once the disk is inserted into my Plextor drive. It speeds up, slows down, speeds up, etc. Finally it just keeps spinning and vibrating. It never gets to the point to be able to copy it or even "read" the contents.

MM did replace the first one with the problem. They said they first put it into their own computer and it worked OK before sending the replacement to me. The replacement disk had the same problem here.

Second, why would it work in my karaoke machine but not in the computer drive?

I have about 20 MM disks and only recently had this problem and only on these two (so far).
Old May 15th, 2005, 12:03 AM

Update: Even though the disks still vibrate I was eventually able to get the contents list. And surprising to me, even if they vibrated I was able to copy the songs to the hard drive.

Question, how can it read the disks when they are vibrating so hard?

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I didn't think it would be possible to transfer the songs because of the vibration.
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Honor Roll

Just a thought here, but have you tried at a lower speed? Perhaps if it spins at 1x speed, it might not vibrate as much...(perhaps why it would work in a karaoke player and not the plex drive....)Flip