MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 7th, 2004, 05:18 PM

No floppy drive?

Hey guys, I purchased your program and started the install hoping to start burn CD-G tracks tonight, but I ran into a slight problem.

The fact that you have to use a floppy drive to finish the install is quite outdated in my honest opinion. I need a different avenue as I refuse to buy a floppy disk drive and floppy disks simply to install your program.

Give me another way to install this, please.

Thanks,
Fane Rae
Old December 7th, 2004, 05:36 PM

Re: No floppy drive?

If you can not get on line with the PC that you want to install on, then you will need a floppy drive. System information will be copied to the floppy. The floppy can then be taken to another PC with Internet access. An authorization code will be transfered to the floppy. The floppy can then be returned to the PC you want to install the program on, and only that pc..

Nothing outdated about that, it's just plain up to date security against thieves.

If you are on line with the pc you want to install on, you don't need to use the floppy method.

Hope this helps.

George
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:28 PM

Ok, well this PC is permanently connected to the internet through a home network. The firewall is off on both the PC and the router. I can not find the internet choice anywhere in the install program.

Maybe it is a config error on my end. I will try it again.

Thanks for the timely reply,
Fane Rae
Old December 7th, 2004, 11:03 PM

If you downloaded and saved to the default folder, you should be able to go to c:\program files\Micro Technology Unlimited, find the file:

Microstudio2609setup.exe

Double click on it and start the install process.
Make certain to enter the data and enter your email address and registration code exactly as shown in your download email.

That should get it.

George
Old December 7th, 2004, 11:50 PM

We have tried all of the stuff above. Unfortunately the install still does not offer the option to connect online to choose to register online. It goes right to the floppy disc page.

Thanks,
Fane
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:07 AM

Have you tried bypassing your router and hooking the pc directly to the internet ?

George
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:37 AM

This would be pretty tough to do as the router is very difficult to access. Anything else I could try?
Old December 8th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Our software automatically detects if the computer is on-line or not. If it is, installation is automatic. If not, you see the Floppy registration. There is no manual way to force it to on-line. The installation software detects this for you.

I'd do another download of Microstudio's installation program. You may have a bad download. We have tens of thousands of users who install on-line without a problem.

MTUSUPPORT will answer today. He may have some different ideas as he deals with support problems daily.
Old December 8th, 2004, 10:46 AM

You need to make sure that if you have a Firewall installed on this computer or XP Service Pack 2 than you allow the program to go through during the Installation or you turn your Firewall off, during the install. This is why you are getting the Information about the Floppy if your computer is always connected to the Internet.