MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 25th, 2004, 05:55 PM

Upgrade to XP Problems?

Hi you guys,
Just upgraded to Win XP Pro from Win 2000. Then after reinstalling and reregistering Microstudio V2.517, it will no longer recognize my Plextor PX-708A. When I click on “Detect Drives” the Plextor is listed there and says “Yes” to both “Karaoke and “Audio”, but when I select it and hit “OK” nothing happens? Have tried running ASPICHK, and then installing what is supposed to be their latest drivers that will work with Win XP. Still no luck.

ASPICHK gives me the following results:
ASPI32.SYS = 4.71.2
WOWPOST.EXE = 4.6(1021)
WINASPI.DLL = 4.6(1021)
WNASPI32.DLL = 4.71.2
Does this look right?

Bet you’re going to tell me to try upgrading to Microstudio V2.609. Why don’t I get emails notifying me of these free upgrades? I never find out about them until something goes screwy and I have to return to your site for help.
Old October 25th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Re: Upgrade to XP Problems?

if there was no reason to upgrade why did you
winn 2000 and 2000 pro is more stable then xp pro
and it all was will be

xp pro is headed the same way as me and the others
it will be replaced with longhorn which they are working on as we speak
there is a beta out on it now

ill bet you did not know that winn 2000 pro still cost more then xp pro

i have had less headack running hoster in winn 2000 pro
they did a better job with winn2000 pro then they did with xp
bill gates should of stayed with a winner
Old October 25th, 2004, 08:07 PM

I upgraded to XP in order to use Adobe Encore, the professional grade DVD Authoring program which will only run on XP. This string is not about what OS you think is best, or ragging on Microsoft. It's about trying to get Microstudio to recognize my burner. How about ragging on MTU Support. Can anyone out there actually help me with this problem.
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

i here you just hit a sour spot as a hard wear builder xp has beeen nothing but a big problem
sorry about your problem
no i cant help you sorry
and no i am not going to rag on mtu support for microsoft short comming
mtu like all of use have to relie on microsoft to get it right

the only other thing i might sug is to try sp2 if you dont all ready have it installed it or
sp2 might be your problem alot of people have had problem with it
sorry if i bothered you in any way !!!

and yes your aspi looks right
Old October 26th, 2004, 09:58 AM

jobiesmi,
Do you see the Drives when you click on Reading Drive in the pull down menu below? If you do, Left click the line below showing your Plextor drive. Do this for all areas of the program. Once you have done this, it should show the drive in the Listbox. Once this is done, close the program and reopen it. Then see if it works.

Do you get any error message?
Old October 26th, 2004, 07:57 PM

Hello All,
After upgrading to Windows XP I have experienced all sorts of crashes using Microstudio and HOSTER, when playing tunes.
Usually it says a driver has caused the problems. Although none are ever specified.
On my Shuttle I only run the MTU programmes and have no hardware other than my Nvidia graphics and Ethernet cards which are built onto the motherboard, the hard drive and my plextor player, even took off the RAID which I used for backup.
Also no other software is installed to interfere with the running, yet I still have crashes
I also noticed that 2000 is dearer than XP, but I upgraded from ME which was also prone to crashing. You always expect the latest to be better.
Most problems I have had with MTU products have been through not reading the instructions properly. If Microsoft got their products to run half as well we wouldn't have these constant moans.
Greetings from across the pond.
Garry.
Old October 27th, 2004, 06:20 PM

Hi Bryan, MTU
I finally got back to this issue today. Thanks for the tip. It worked. I can’t believe I didn’t notice or try the drop-down buttons for the drive lists on my own. I think I was thrown off by the “Detect Drive” button. I thought that option would automatically set things up. As I recall, it did the first time I installed V2.517 back in March. Maybe not, I’m not sure. At any rate, things seem to be working normally now.
I didn’t have time to downloaded and installed V2.609 yet. Now that Microstudio is back to normal I’m almost afraid to mess with it. At this point, is there any reason why you would advise me not to?
Thanks so much for the help.
Old October 28th, 2004, 10:39 AM

You should have no probelms upgrading to version 2.609, but if you do decided to do it, make sure when you install it you select Upgrade instead of Remove. This will just update the files without having to go back through all of the Security issues.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:13 PM

Gary,
I would update all of the Drivers for the computer, such as from Shuttle and then also all of the Updates from Windows Update. Then it should work.