MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2002, 07:41 PM

Lightbulb Playing Karaoke songs in DJPower Software

Hi gang. We use DJ Power software to conduct our DJ & KJ shows. At present the only way we know of to get CDG songs to play thru DJP is to convert them to .MPEG or .MPG files, using a video capture device. (We use Dazzle.)
To do this we play the karaoke song in a regular karaoke player, then take the audio and video output and save it to the computer's hard drive, after being filtered through the Dazzle device. Then the songs can be played back in DJ Power or the regular Windows Media Player as .MPG files. Now my question is, could MTU software be used to extract the CDG files, then somehow convert them to .MPG?
This would sure save alot of time, as the songs normally have to be recorded in REAL TIME, making it a very time consuming process!

An insight would be appreciated!
Old June 3rd, 2002, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Cool Where've you been?

Maybe you haven't read up on our Hoster software. This is our answer to running a KJ show from a PC. Our imported CDG files will be around 3-6MB in size.

What size is a 3 minute CDG file after MPG conversion for playback in DJPower?
Old June 3rd, 2002, 04:09 PM

Question

A 3-6 minute song in .mpg format is about 35-60 MB which is of couse large, but DJ Power is not designed to play other fomats. I have read about Hoster software, and it sounds great, but the object here is to play everything through one program. With DJ Power I can place music videos or karaoke songs into my mix of regular music, and the software will mix from one to the other just as if they were all regular songs. When the .mpg files are played, the video portion is automatically sent to the second video card, to be displayed on a second monitor, large screen TV, etc. It is very conveinent to have everything at my fingertips from one control panel, and I don't think DJ Power would run with another program operating in the backround. (It uses up a lot of memory and resources!)

So MTU can't convert to .mpg, or are you just suggesting other options?

Thanks
Old June 6th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Microstudio...

Microstudio does not do any compression of audio streams to MPG or MP3. Hoster uses WMA compression.
Old June 6th, 2002, 01:25 PM

WMA & Karaoke together....

Here is a site that uses the Windows Media Audio format to playback Karaoke tracks with the Audio & Graphics combined...

Easy Karaoke

It use Windows DRM (Digital Rights Management) to protect the original recording, but utilises the WMA Software...

I do not no what software they use to convert CD+G to WMA

But i'm sure it's available somewhere... and in comparrison to .MPG File size to WMA File size... I know what one I'd choose.

I hope this os of help to you
Closed Thread