MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 6th, 2002, 02:51 PM

Unhappy Error message on Import Tracks

Please help,

I'm still having problems importing karaoke tracks to my hard drive and can't copy cdg discs. Error message is:- UNABLE TO READ AUDIO SECTORS 0 to 25 on device 1: 1: 0 illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 24h 00h).

Im running windows ME and have DirectX 8.0 installed together with 4.60 (1021) ASPI driver (selected in drives menu). Tried all speeds. Auto insert is off, have 256.0 MB of RAM. CD-R drive is an LG-GCE 8160B.

Does any body have any ideas ?

Thanks,

Dave
Old February 6th, 2002, 03:56 PM

Sounds like copy protection...or a multisession disc.

Sorry..can't copy this type.
Old February 6th, 2002, 04:47 PM

Is microstudio recognizing the burner as CDG? If so, does it work on custom assembly. Some copy protected discs can be copied one track at a time.

Take care,

George
Old February 6th, 2002, 05:16 PM

Microstudio will automatically detect CDG capability of your burner. If the model burner you have appears in the drop down window of "writing drive", then it would appear that your burner will in fact do CDG.

Admin may have to clarify.

Good luck!
Old February 7th, 2002, 08:19 AM

Thanks George and Cid-Cat for your comments.

Microstudio confirms that my burner is capable of writing cdg. I can also copy karaoke cd's successfully with this burner using other software. I have purchased microstudio for its individual track selection capabilities, are there limitations when it comes to individual track selection? as the idea was to create compilation karaoke discs.

Do you think my burner is not compatible with Microstudio, even though it recognises it as a cdg?. I have the same error message when I use custom assembly as I do when I use import tab. What burner would you recommend that you know will work with Microstudio.

Regards,

Dave
Old February 7th, 2002, 09:24 AM

It may or may not be your burner. Admin. can help you determine that. If you wish to make the assumption that it is the burner, then the safest way to get one that will work would be to buy through MTU. They test each burner they sell, and having been burned(no pun intended) with a different source, I am well convinced higher price for that service is well justified.

Take care,

George
Old February 7th, 2002, 03:22 PM

I have talked to another person today, that we went through everything that I could think of for this same LiteOn LTR 8160b drive, and it will not read the CD+G format correctly, even though in Microstudio it says it will work. All it will do is give you an error when trying to read, that it can't read from certain sectors, and then say it had an illegal command request