MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:48 AM

Smile Play List Window only shows PLAY arrow - Windows CUSTOM update fixed problem

Just purchased and installed Microstudio 4.005. When adding a file to the Play List and trying to play it a black screen momentarily appears and then disappears. Nothing plays and no screen with graphics. Play list only has a green button with a black Play arrow.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:11 PM

Make sure Windows is up to date.

http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind....aspx?ln=en-us

Use CUSTOM, not EXPRESS, and be certain to get NET FRAMEWORK. The newer Microstudio versions require it.

If that doesn't get it, then we'll need information regarding your system.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswitt View Post
Just purchased and installed Microstudio 4.005. When adding a file to the Play List and trying to play it a black screen momentarily appears and then disappears. Nothing plays and no screen with graphics. Play list only has a green button with a black Play arrow.

check your default cd /dvd drive..this happened to me if the screen goes on for a sec and no graphics is showing once you clicked on play that means your cd/dvd drive is not mstudio supported....
Old December 3rd, 2007, 07:23 PM

Smile Thanks

Thanks George--works fine now.

billyo---have been using this drive with MTU Microstudio for years so that was not the problem. Plextor PX-716U. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
You're welcome...figured that was it considering your join date.

Take care,

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:

billyo---have been using this drive with MTU Microstudio for years so that was not the problem. Plextor PX-716U. Thanks for the suggestion.
sorry i didn't know that you're using the plextor drive..but that's usually the case ( mine anyway )..i was using my internal , which used to worked, i updated the drive and firmware still didnt work so now i too have the same plextor drive..but anyway, i'm glad to hear you got it working..
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Angry Play List Window Only Shows Play Arrow

Quote:
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM;;BEEN TRYING TO RESOLVE FOR 3 WEEKS. WHAT DO WE DO NOW???
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM

I Have Same Problem: I Need Help Also. I Have Mtu New Burner. Jim
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Make sure Windows is up to date.

http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind....aspx?ln=en-us

Use CUSTOM, not EXPRESS, and be certain to get NET FRAMEWORK. The newer Microstudio versions require it.

If that doesn't get it, then we'll need information regarding your system.
The proposed solution.

Quote:
The proposed solution worked for chaswitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES HANNA View Post
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM;;BEEN TRYING TO RESOLVE FOR 3 WEEKS. WHAT DO WE DO NOW???
James, have you followed George's recommendations fully? They solved chaswitt's problem, and probably is what you need to do also.

Please post back here what happens after you do all your CUSTOM Windows Updates. We all want to know if this is THE ANSWER to this problem you both are reporting.
Old January 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM

Cds Won`t Play

Yes I Tried. Updated Custom, Installed Demo And It Worked Fine. Reinstalled Micro 4.0005 Same Prob. It Is Crazy Or Driving Me That Way.
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes I Tried. Updated Custom, Installed Demo And It Worked Fine. Reinstalled Micro 4.0005 Same Prob. It Is Crazy Or Driving Me That Way.
We need more information to help you. As I posted above, we cannot create the problem at MTU.

1. Please list (1, 2, 3, ...) the exact steps you are doing starting with whether Karaoke File or CD, or Audio File or CD is selected, and list everything you do ending with clicking the Play button.

2. Using the file you are trying to play, can you add it to the Write Disc List and click the Test CD Before Writing button? Does it go to completion, or does it report an error message about the file? Write down what the message is if one appears, and post it here.

3. What type of file are you trying to play? What is the .xxx extension? Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, view this file and post the file size you see.

4. Can you use the Import Tracks screen and import tracks from a CDG Karaoke Disc?

5. If you have any other MTU programs, can you run them from the Menu Bar commands?
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
i had the same problem, a while back.before 4.xxx everything was working fine i could import cdg's w/o any problem ,when i upgraded to 4.xxx i imported more cdg's but it wont play , play screen will pop up in a sec, then dis-appear, i ended up using my old external 716u plextor drive. all of a sudden my internal cd/dvd drive is not mstudio supported anymore.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
We need more information to help you. As I posted above, we cannot create the problem at MTU.

1. Please list (1, 2, 3, ...) the exact steps you are doing starting with whether Karaoke File or CD, or Audio File or CD is selected, and list everything you do ending with clicking the Play button.

2. Using the file you are trying to play, can you add it to the Write Disc List and click the Test CD Before Writing button? Does it go to completion, or does it report an error message about the file? Write down what the message is if one appears, and post it here.

3. What type of file are you trying to play? What is the .xxx extension? Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, view this file and post the file size you see.

4. Can you use the Import Tracks screen and import tracks from a CDG Karaoke Disc?

5. If you have any other MTU programs, can you run them from the Menu Bar commands?
James Hanna, we've been waiting for your answers. Complaining doesn't solve problems. FACTS solve problems. Please respond so we can try to solve this problem.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Micro Studio

I Answered This Before. But Here Is Answers Again. I Was Not Complaining. Just Want To Solve Prob. Like You. 1.i Click On The Track I Want To Play On Files And It Works Fine. I Put In Cd And It Comes Up Correct Showing Title And Artist. With Selected Cd Instead Of File I Click On It And It Goes To Play Window. Click On Track In Play Window And It Goes 5, 4, 3. 2. 1. In Time Window And Flashes Black Play Window And Goes To Next Track In Play Window Until It Gets Through All Of Them. Click Play Button Or Double Click Track Makes No Differance. 2. Yes No Message, I Can Write Cdg`s. 3. It Plays Files Fine, No Prob. Songlist Files From Old Version Of Microsoft. Songlist File 10.6gb 4. Yes 5. Have Only Hooster Program As Other Programs. Hooster Works Great.
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Have you imported any songs using that CD drive in Hoster (and by the way it is Hoster not Hooster)?
Do you have another drive and have you tried it?
When you did the Custom Update from Microsoft did you install everything? Also did you go there again to make sure it all installed? Some of the updates need to reboot and any after that will not install unless you go back and run it again. I know this sounds weird but one user had an audio problem that would not go away until a Korean Language update was install....go figure!
Old February 18th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Microstudio Help

Thanks, I Will Try Updates Again. By The Way I Must Have Been Thinking Of Hooters, I Never Could Type. I Have A Plextor 716u And Same Problem On Both Drives. The Demo Works Fine, Go Figure.
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Do you still have the Demo installed? If so could be causing a problem.