MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Not sure but new registration number may have been just for us to test the registration changes. However, I do believe it will require a remove and re-install to get those drive settings corrected. This needs to be noted (large type) on the News and Product pages, so everyone does it.
When we change the first version number (2.x to 3.x) it is a new major release. In this case, we only used the name Microstudio to retain continuity. The actual product has almost none of the Microstudio 2.x code; it was rewritten from ground up after 10 years of evolution.

During Beta Testing, at Beta 15 we shifted to the new Registration Code, but it was the 3.0 that really requires installing from scratch. Everyone must remove then install to use 3.0.

The Demo has no bearing on anything in this post. It does not use the Registration Security at all, so it does not require removing the prior version.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpayne View Post
I did read your post before Amin deleted it and I thought it was a post with a valid problem.(Drives won't burn.) However, when you start saying some of the negative things you said in that post about being a former beta tester and how you would have been fighting over some of the language used in the pop up boxes for drives etc. I felt that was very negative and had no place in the forum. It is apparent to me that you are bitter about not being a beta tester any more but you should keep that to yourself. It has no business in a help forum.

gpayne
Well said. That is EXACTLY why I deleted it. Negative attitudes, flaming Admin or others, and the like have no business in ANY forum, not just MTU.Community.

Also, my deleting negative attitude posts has nothing to do with FREEDOM OF SPEECH. It is pure decency and respect we are talking about here, and if you want to talk trash, go elsewhere. I have never in the past, nor do I today, nor will I tomorrow tolerate negative attitudes. There are two folks bantering with me on our Forums right now that are one post away from being PERMANTENTLY BANNED from viewing or posting. They know who they are.............
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:51 PM

Okay folks,..went back and completely removed again old MS. Then once again downloaded 3.0.

Went to complie a disc with 19 songs. Result: "Writing to CD faild." Tried again but picked two songs. It copied to disc. Ran it through the play side and worked perfectly. Went back and tried to do the "19 " songs again. Result again: "Writing to CD failed." Went back tried two more songs only and it wrote to and played from the disc perfectly. Tired one more time to make a compiled disc with 19 songs, (Yes, still had over 2 min of time left on the disc.) faile to write again. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Kelly
Old November 2nd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Try 18?? Maybe your disc is a 74 min instead of 80 min??
Old November 2nd, 2006, 05:18 PM

Thanks. Only wish that was the case.

Kelly
Old November 2nd, 2006, 05:44 PM

Kelly,

Nice "seeing" you again.

I know this is too simple, but it is new to the game, so I'll ask you anyway.

Did you try TOOLS, DEFAULT DRIVES, highlight the writing drive and click
HWERROR CORRECT, APPLY.

Didn't help me any, but may resolve yours...dunno, just brainstorming.

Take care,
George
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:42 PM

Yes I did. To no avail. Now for an update. I neber could get it to copy the 19 songs. There was over 2 min left on the disc. This was never a problem in previous version. I finally got it to copy "18" songs. Strange. I sent the same "19" songs to my laptop which has the older version of MS and it copied fine. But would only do 18 with new version.

Now there is a few other "things." I noticed after you copy a disc. There seems to be no way to delete those songs from your file (computer) without getting completely out of MS and going to say Explorer for i.e. and deleteing them there.

Second, I noticed that when you insert a disc to play, it takes on the average 4 minutes to get the songs to move to the play side of the screen. I'm sure this isn't suppose to be this way either.

Kelly
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:36 PM

George, nice "seeing" you again too. Sounds like your gonna have to take another "chill pill.' Just teasing sir. Always appreciate yours and everyone else's help. Gonna call it quits for tonight. It will all work out. With MTU it always does.

Kelly
Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedmison View Post
Yes I did. To no avail. Now for an update. I neber could get it to copy the 19 songs. There was over 2 min left on the disc. This was never a problem in previous version. I finally got it to copy "18" songs. Strange. I sent the same "19" songs to my laptop which has the older version of MS and it copied fine. But would only do 18 with new version.
This may be one of those little bugs missed in beta testing that Admin needs to take a look at. I don't think any of us tried to fill up a disc.

Quote:
Now there is a few other "things." I noticed after you copy a disc. There seems to be no way to delete those songs from your file (computer) without getting completely out of MS and going to say Explorer for i.e. and deleteing them there.
This was brought up during testing but decided to leave it that way. Maybe Admin can expand on the reasoning behind it. And you don't have to close MS to go to Windows Explorer to delete them....multi-tasking.

Quote:
Second, I noticed that when you insert a disc to play, it takes on the average 4 minutes to get the songs to move to the play side of the screen. I'm sure this isn't suppose to be this way either.
MS does not play directly from the CD. The files have to be imported as BIN files to play in the player which takes time since it involves reading from a CD and not a hard drive.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the information.

Kelly
Old November 4th, 2006, 01:13 AM

Apparently, the new MS 3.0 is not designed to compile a disc containg more than 18 songs. Years ago when I began karaoke I used a Sony 400 to hold my cdgs. I used MS to compile songs so I could get as many on a disc a possible to conserve space while keeping my originals at home. Since then of course I have gone digital. But I still compile my discs before putting them into Hoster.

I also from time to time find a version of a song which I feel is better than the one I have. At that point I take the compiled disc; copy it back into MS; switch out the song I want; rewrite the compiled disc and then put it back into Hotser. Very few of my compiled discs contain less than 20 songs. I even have some discs with as many as 26 songs. These being "oldies" songs which are much shorter in length compared to todays music.

Until maybe MTU can find a way to correct this , I will revert to the older version. I must admit I also find the older version much faster in operation. I am sure there are major benneifts to the newer version. But until they meet my need I will use the older one.
Maybe this is something that MTU can address.

However I am still a very satisfied MTU customer.

Kelly
Old November 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM

Kelly,

Having difficulty believing there is a track limitation.

There is no mention of a track limitation in the manual, and the example shown under the HOW TO WRITE CUSTOM DISCS section shows the write screen with 21 tracks.

Certainly hope there's not such a low track limitation as 18, considering the number of discs out there that have 20 tracks; 10 demos and 10 Karaoke tracks. Would make it impossible to re-do a badly swept track in KHP and write a new disc.

Take care,

George
Old November 4th, 2006, 04:29 PM

I wouldn't think so either George, but today I repeatedly tried different discs that contained at least 20 songs. It failed on 20; failed on 19; but would begin writing if the song count was lowered to 18. So,... for the time being I have deleted 3.0 and went back to 2.613.

Kelly
Old November 5th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
1. Apparently, the new MS 3.0 is not designed to compile a disc containg more than 18 songs. Years ago when I began karaoke I used a Sony 400 to hold my cdgs. I used MS to compile songs so I could get as many on a disc a possible to conserve space while keeping my originals at home. Since then of course I have gone digital. But I still compile my discs before putting them into Hoster.

2. Until maybe MTU can find a way to correct this , I will revert to the older version. I must admit I also find the older version much faster in operation. I am sure there are major benneifts to the newer version. But until they meet my need I will use the older one.
Maybe this is something that MTU can address.
1. We'll check on this first thing Monday morning. It could be a bug lurking.

2. I'd love to know any functions where you find 3.0 slower. That will give us a target to shoot for.
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:03 AM

Thanks Admin. The slowest thing I have found and I guess it's because of the bin. file; put in a disc and say ie. select songs 3, 4, 6 8. And you click to add those songs to the play side. It takes a LONG time before it moves them there. I'm sure it's because MS is converting them to bin.

I just know that when you do the same thing with the older version; it almost instant.

The writing in the new version does seem faster.

Kelly
Old November 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Select songs 3, 4, 6 8. And you click to add those songs to the play side. It takes a LONG time before it moves them there. I'm sure it's because MS is converting them to bin.

I just know that when you do the same thing with the older version; it almost instant.
That is correct Kelly. This is a tradeoff that comes with our new CD/DVD drive interface code. Our older drive interface code was able to play directly from the disc in the drive. We asked our new vendor if they provided the "buffers" directly that we could play on the fly, and they gave us a long-winded "NO".

We don't like this either! I have documented this in our spec for a future (not 3.001) review to see if we can do something in our own code.
Old November 6th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Thanks guys. That I can live with. Now if we can find out why it won't let me write more than 18 songs.

Kelly
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM

Began to wonder if some of the problems I encountered were inherant to the DEMO version, and if problems others were having were due to a general bug, so I downloaded the full MS3.000.

All I tested with was CDG material. I use no other

Sony 710A working like a charm, along with the Plextor 712A, using no HWEC

There was no problem reading the media as I had in the demo.

I had no problem writing 20 tracks. ADMIN, it's not a general bug.

When I moved the tracks to the write phase it took quite a bit of time to read the disc, but it did read and write them.

No problem playing with either drive.

No problem duplicating disc with the Sony reading and the Plextor writing.

The program tells me that none of the other MTU programs(Vogone, Keyrite, or KHP) are on the pc which is not so. It is not linking to them, and I can see no way to set the path like we should be able to.

I'll post my stats since most everything is working well here.

George

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; November 7th, 2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Have you tried opening any of your other programs since loading MS, George? The registration bug is still lurking in the background too.
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM

I was checking as you were writing

The other programs were all knocked out. Boy that bug has been creeping around for years...comes and goes.

Thanks,

George

All reinstalled, and all is well. This might help someone else. Along with the products, in my MTU folder I have a text file that contains all the installation codes for all the products. It only takes a minute that way to select a product to install and copy and paste the install code, as it's all right there real handy..

Last edited by George; November 7th, 2006 at 04:51 PM.