MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 6th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Horseshoe, I'm sorry we haven't posted. We have had a number of unusual events ranging from Stage 4 Cancer with a mother in law, a car accicent involving a wife and 2 kids, health issues, getting a new release of Keyrite, Vogone and KHPro out right after releasing Hoster 3.301.

On top of that, we have leased a dedicated Xeon raid-1 server to move MTU.com to as our business has outgrown a Virtual Private Server with others on it. We have been trying to cut live to it for over a week now. Next attempt is right now as a matter of fact!

Moving servers will take the wind out of your sails... believe me. Moving a site as complex as MTU.com is like giving birth to a baby. I've been pacing the floor for over a week now!

You are the first to attempt to put any MTU program on this super processor.

Anything goes.

MTU has no experience with this processor, so we and others here are in the same boat... not much to go on but past experience.

The more facts you post, the more we and others here (Gduns is the pioneer trying x64) can make suggestions. That's all we can do with no direct experience on this. Facts... grease the wheels of the diagnosis machine.

There is a rule of the Universe... Cheap - Fast - Good... pick any two. As soon as we get our site moved and stable, we'll add a $20 support call item to our store for those who demand Fast and Good. Then we'll cover all customer demands.
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:00 AM

My question would be did you reuse the existing windows installation........ or did you completely reinstall windows, and all drivers.

If you reused your previous installation, That is probably a big problem. You wont have the correct chipset drivers, and it will hive you the problems you are seeing.

I have tried this before, and it does cause problems. also there is a driver out for the amd 64 processor that should be installed. This allows the 64 bit processer to work properly in the 32 bit environment. It supports hythreading and dual core as well you can find information at planetamd64.com.

MACHINE NAME: [Monster]
Windows XP 64 & 32 Professional Dual boot
Processor - AMD xp64 x2 4400
RAM - 2.0g PC3200 ddr2 800ghz
Motherboard msi platinum (latest BIOS and DRIVERS)
Sound Card - sound blaster comp.(On-board sound device)
Video - MSI 6800 128MG
HD Primary - 7 VAROIUS HARD DRIVES ON THIS MACHINE
CD-R - Plextor (PX-W708A 1.04) CD-R - TEAC
DVD/CD-R - NEC (optiplex )
DirectX Version - 9.0c (4.09.0000.0901)
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:52 AM

Attached is image showing Adaptec ASPI Installation Verification. I appear to have the correct files installed for XP (see yellow highlights).

However a search does not reveal any file specifically called "Wnapsint.dll" anywhere.

gduns, thanks for your information. When I changed computers it was a clean XP install. Used Files and Folders to move everything over. Per normal operating procedure, installed latest MB drivers first thing after windoz install. Nothing else seems to have broken.

Again note that of all the programs on my computer that read/write to my Plextor drives (including the one bought from MTU) are working perfectly. Only Microstudio is not recognizing the drives when it first starts up. Just the facts, not an indictment

So what else can we perhaps look for? Anything in the registry? Does the attached GIF help at all?

Regards,
Gene
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:11 PM

Just for the Heck of it, Which version of microstudio are you using?
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:50 PM

version 2.612
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM

That Is the same I am using. did you set that ide to Dma (vs PIO)..... dont know much more to say.
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:11 PM

Here's a GIF of the DMA settings for both Plextor's. I suppose I could try explicitly selecting DMA instead of "Bios Selected", but you'd think if the Bios was selecting improperly, the drives wouldn't work with any software in windoz, which is not the case...

sigh... without some software author help, we may be soon at a dead end...
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM

I was just shooting in the dark, but from what it says, it is selecting DMA. I exhausted any Ideas on this end. But honestly there is no reason it shouldnt work. The only basic diff in our machines is the sli, and I dont need it, so i took a board with more card spaces rather tha 2 for sli.

My chipset is nvidea also, and the bios is amd. I don't know how else to help here.

Video - MSI 6800 128MG
Old February 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM

This problem is normally related to the chipset drivers for the motherboard. Try upgrading your NVIDIA chipset drivers from www.nvidia.com this will fix it in most cases.
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:06 AM

see posts in other thread "Still Waiting...". We've covered all this and more on that one...
Old March 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM

still still waiting

I too have tried just about everything I can think of. I'm no techwiz but I have updated ASPI drivers, Plextor Drive firmware. Nvidia motherboard chipdet drivers, uninstalled Microstudio (and Nero/InCD just in case of a conflict) and I really am at a loss as to what to do now. I've been looking around at alternative software on the web and although there are ways of riping/burning CD+G files easily with ANY optical drive, Microstudio along with Keyrite does make it easy and convenient for my purposes.

I also upgraded to version 2.612 and paid extra for the privelege of it not working - well it was worth a try - and changing the APSI drivers to MTUs does not help either.

This was my earlier attempts at answers - http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=3134

What else have I got that may be conflicting? MusicMatch Jukebox? That's about it really. All the rest refer to my DVD drive and not my PX-W1610A.

Pleeeeeze can you come up with a solution?

Athlon 64 (Venice) 3500+ on XP pro with SP2 here, just in case it helps.
Old March 12th, 2006, 04:47 PM

Guess we'll have to just watch and wait... (Moody Blues anyone??)

Regards,

Gene
Old March 14th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMagic
Guess we'll have to just watch and wait... (Moody Blues anyone??)
What are you waiting for? We have made it clear that we can't create your problem, thus we can't solve it. A problem exists with AMD processors and something else on your systems. As Gduns has proven, others are running fine with AMD.

Factless complaints won't help anyone diagnose your problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
The more facts you post, the more we and others here (Gduns is the pioneer trying x64) can make suggestions. That's all we can do with no direct experience on this. Facts... grease the wheels of the diagnosis machine.
If you post facts about your systems in this Thread, we MIGHT be able to diagnose what is unique about them.

We are working on Microstudio 3.0, which will have completely new drive interface code. That may solve your problem, but we'd know better if we have facts about your systems so maybe we can diagnose what is wrong.

If you really want our help, post facts. I will delete further factless complaints.
Old March 14th, 2006, 05:45 PM

Non-factless

I have provided facts before but here are more. I built the PC myself and did NOT use the settings and transfers wizard. All drivers to the best of my knowledge are up to date

System Manafacturer: NVIDIA
Model: AWRDAXCPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD 64 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, 2.2GHz (Venice)
1024MB RAM
Page file 42MB used, 2037MB available
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Display: ATI RADEO X600 series
Optical drive: Plextor CD-R PX-W1610A
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: NVIDIA nForce4 ADMA Controller, NVIDIA nForce Parallel ATA Controller
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9 socket 939 Dual Power System PCI-E DDR400
ASPI drivers: ASPI32.sys v4.71.2, WOWPOST.exe v4.6 (1021), WINASPI.dll v4.6 (1021), WINASPI32.dll v4.71.2
Plextor drivers: Plextor_W1610A105.exe - 5.1.2535.0
NVIDIA drivers: nForce4_amd_6.70_winxp2k_english.exe - 5.10.2600.507

If there's anything else I can provide, please do let me know as I want to help anyone out there find a solution to this.

Thanks
Old March 14th, 2006, 06:03 PM

With such a new system, you are using a Plextor drive with the latest firmware version dated 2002.

Do you have any other drive in the system, other than the Plextor 1610? If so maybe just unhook the Plextor and see if it will open with a newer drive attached in the system, not that it would work for CD+G, but see if it will open.

Can everyone having this problem post which Plextor drive you are using, and the Firmware installed on it?
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:44 AM

Bryan,

Fyi The computer I loaded last week, that me and dave had talked about, it was a new athalon 64. It also worked Flawlessly. That makes 3 total I have used the MTU Programs on. This problem has to be either a bios/chipset conflict problem. I have had no problems with the systems I put the software on.

Video - MSI 6800 128MG
Old March 18th, 2006, 08:20 AM

It won't read either of my drives, the 2nd one being a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-16935. I know that one isn't CDG compatible but Microstudio won't even see it.

I tried unhooking the Plextor as suggested but no change there. I don't have another Plextor to try and judging by recent comments it may not improve the situation. The only thing I can think of doing is removing the winapsint.dll, if I can find it, or trying the drive in a spare PC on Windows 98!

What's the latest Plextor CD-RW drive that is definitley compatible with XP and Microstudio please? If it's cheap enough I may invest.

Cheers.
Old March 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Drives MTU sells and supports that work with Microstudio and XP.
Old March 20th, 2006, 04:44 PM

Thanks for that. Being in the UK means it works out a bit pricey once shipping charges are added (unless you want to make me an offer I can't resist in consideration of this thread and my purchase history).

The Plextor 716A External drive that you sell seems to be largely discontinued or unavailable over here. Can you tell me if it is the same drive/spec as the 716SA (serial ata) or the 716AL?

The other drives that you list as compatible are also quite hard to find. Can you just tell me the latest Plextors (or other)?

Thanks.
Old March 20th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

GDuns,

When you setup those 3 systems, did you use the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" or did you install all the programs from scratch? Just a point that sticks in my mind as the difference between Horseshoe's and DarkMagic's posts and yours. If a DLL file is different or registry entries...and those got copied over the correct ones?

The only way I could see to fix it, since re-installing the programs hasn't worked may be to reload computer from scratch.