MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 12th, 2003, 11:27 PM

Auto Insert under XP

Help! When I try to write a CD-G disk, the process goes on until it starts "recording leadout track." Then the disk lights go on and off for a while, then nothing. When I click Terminate, the little progress bar on the left gets active and soon a popup window announces "Process busy. Please try again."

I figure this might have something to do with Auto Insert being on, but I can't figure out how to turn it off. The instructions I've found here don't match the XP. The Device Manager contains nothing in properties for the CD about Auto Insert or DMA or anything like that. Anybody got any clues?
Old June 13th, 2003, 10:10 AM

The Auto Insert is ok under XP, it was only 98 and ME that it gave problems.

The only thing I can say you should try is update the ASPI drivers, try both solutions to see if either will work. This is located at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=493

The only other thing that I know that might cause this is if your drivers for your motherboard IDE controllers aren't updated. You will need to contact your computer manufacturer to find the brand of Motherboard that is installed in your computer. Once you find this out you will need to get the latest chipset drivers for it to see if that will fix it.
Old July 3rd, 2003, 02:35 AM

Okay, I tried all three things and nothing has helped. Any other ideas? For the record the drive I'm using is HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE320B 1.04. Does this provide a clue?
Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:58 AM

Yes,
That drive is on our listed drives that say they support Karaoke, but really won't work. Here is the post: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1106
Old July 3rd, 2003, 04:18 PM

Exclamation Auto Insert

paul,

I would recommend you disable your auto insert, it does cause some problems if you have another program such as Musicmatch or Media Player that will try to read your audio files and than search the web for infos...

Your drive is not compatible and I do recommend you get a Plextor from MTU, they take the time to update to the latest Firmware.

Regards