MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hoster 506.03 MS Word/Songbook Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbealo View Post
My songbook generates a duplicate phrase whenever an "&" is used in the data base.
I can Confirm your findings. I use Microsoft Works Word Processor and it is doing the same. I also checked back to my backup version 5.04 and that prints it correct.
So it either started in this 5.06 version or maybe 5.05, I have not got 5.05 to try it on.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; April 8th, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
VIP

Re: Hoster 506.03 MS Word/Songbook Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbealo View Post
My songbook generates a duplicate phrase whenever an "&" is used in the data base. Thus, "Brooks and Dunn" becomes "Brooks & Dunn and Dunn" and "Bob Marly & The Wailers" becomes Bob Marly & The Wailers & The Wailers". This is only a "Artist" problem. It does not hold true for "&'s" used in titles. It is also not true for all "Artist's" with an "&" in the name, but it is true enough to cause an extra 23 pages in a 12K song songbook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I can Confirm your findings. I use Microsoft Works Word Processor and it is doing the same. I also checked back to my backup version 5.04 and that prints it correct.
So it either started in this 5.06 version or maybe 5.05, I have not got 5.05 to try it on.
Just checked my Song Books...... Must get better a proofing!

I can confirm all the above

My recent books were created March 18.

Odd, I run a show every Saturday since and apparently my singers haven't noticed....

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM
VIP

Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Confirm this as well.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM
VIP

i noticed in my book it only happens when there is a one name singer like "sting" first.

when a full name is used first, it doesnt duplicate it.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:24 PM

Sorry if I insulted anyone, but I was a bit upset at the time I posted about this issue.
After I did a system restore back to a previous version it worked fine. But it had all the triple clicking issues. So, when you guys "fixed" the triple clicking thing, I gave it another shot.
And by the way, this is a new computer as of Jan 2012. And I have run many versions of this software and prefer to keep using it.
But here we go again, after using this fixed upgrade for about a week, last night about 45 min. from the end of show, the audio started fading out slowly. I had to keep turning up the level on my board until about 55 mins. later it had faded almost to nothing. The audio on the computer works fine when listening to you tube or music cd's. When I try to stop a song in Hoster, the fade out takes much longer than before and causes a (not responding) until the audio is gone and then the (not responding) goes away and everything seems to work except the sound. I want to continue using this program, so any help you can offer would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
1. Let me get this straight, the first night it ran perfectly. Now that says Hoster ran. Period. The second night, the audio stops. Now that says your computer is at fault. Software is bits and they don't change unless your Hard Drive is failing and some of Hoster is in a bad sector, which CAN change the bits. Or a section of your RAM is failing and that changed the Hoster code. Either way, your report definitely points to your computer failing, not Hoster.

2. Did you make the REQUIRED upgrades to Windows? Look in the manual. If not, that may be your problem.

3. Coming from 3.316 is a MASSIVE upgrade, and if you decide to go to Compuhost, which we have many who came from them to Hoster for "various problems", that WON'T solve your problem either.

4. There were 20 Beta versions of 5.06 we sent out and our excellent team of Beta Testers hammered it more than you can imagine. Be careful insulting them, they are the people here who help you.

5. You can return to 3.316 without problems. Just go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs and remove 5.06. Then find your Hoster3316setup.exe file and run it. It will install 3.316 again. We didn't add the Singers Database until 4.00, so you don't have one to restore, but 5.06 would have made a backup copy to make it simple to return to a back version.

6. You've been with us a long time. March 8, 2007 was when 3.316 was released, that's 7 years ago. You have a SEVEN YEAR OLD COMPUTER! I'm surprised Hoster ran the fist night at all! No one forced you to upgrade the first weekend 5.06 was released. You should know by now, having not upgraded for 7 years and 66 posts in this Forum, that a MASSIVE upgrade like 5.06 may have problems. The early birds, will catch those problems and we ALWAYS solve them quickly, as proven by our upgrade history.

I suggest you either;
  • Try to work with us in this Forum to tell us FACTS about what you are seeing, hearing, etc. and what you are trying to do - step by step to give us facts, not emotions. We will try to help you identify what is wrong with your computer, if you can work with us. If not...

• Remove 5.06 and reinstall 3.316 so you can stay with your system you know worked for 7 years.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM

I checked the mixer levels too and the Hoster level was at 100% but the system sounds level was at 0%. I changed it to 100% and everything is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelley3 View Post
Hoster is automatically lowering the Volume control in the Volume Mixer window.

I have been able to recreate a sound problem within Hoster v5.06. I noticed that my sound while practicing a song (multiple times) got very low and so I tested Hoster until I could consistently recreate the problem. When a song is playing and I do a “short cut” to stop the song using the Ctrl + Spacebar and then do Ctrl + Spacebar to play the song again the sound will be reduced and it will change (volume goes low) as the song starts to play. I have to click on the Volume Control ICON and select the Mixer option. This allows me to push the slide bar (in the Volume Mixer window) for Hoster to the very top (again) and the sound increases. It does not do it every time but Holsters volume does change often enough for the good folks at Hoster to track the bug down and fix it. I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) and my laptop is up-to-date and all Windows “fixes” have been done. Hoster may be lowering the volume other ways but I have been able to recreate the problem using this method.

Update: I have been able to get Hoster to lower the volume with the stop button by clicking on the stop button as the song is ending. This lowers the Volume Control in the "Volume Mixer" window.

Old April 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Factory Default is "10" for a reason!

Change your setting to 10. One of our Beta Testers is running at 20!
It may have been SUPPOSED to default to 10, but mine did not.

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:21 AM

Remove silence:
When I import new songs the remove silence command does not show any new songs to run. When I rebuild completely the song DB then the new songs are detected and the remove silent command works on the new files. When I add again new songs again no new songs are detected to remove silence only when I rebuild again the database. Am I doing something wrong here?

Greetings from Germany.
Wolfgang
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

What type of imports are you referring too CD+G or hard drive imports ?

After you import you usually get a message window telling you that these files don't have their remove silence activated (or words to that effect). Are you not seeing this ?
I am not aware of it telling you there are files that don't have remove silence activated when you start the program.

After you import new songs, from the Tools/Remove silence dialog you just press the start button, if there are any to remove you should see it count down as it finds them.

Alternately go to Tools/Edit songs select multiples tab, search for the last files you added using BookID, Disc Id or Brand and just select those songs there then press start.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:33 AM

I'm importing BIN files (previously imported from CDG by Microstudio and ZIP files purchased by SUNFLY). When pressing the START bottom in the remove silence dialog I get no number of unprocessed files only if I rebuild the song DB then the number of new imported files appears and the silence is removed from the new imported files. This did not happen in previous version 5.05. Maybe I cannot tell you my problem in the right words due to my bad English.
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stritti View Post
Remove silence:
When I import new songs the remove silence command does not show any new songs to run. When I rebuild completely the song DB then the new songs are detected and the remove silent command works on the new files. When I add again new songs again no new songs are detected to remove silence only when I rebuild again the database. Am I doing something wrong here?

Greetings from Germany.
Wolfgang
I can confirm Wolfgang's findings, I just imported a new Sunfly CD+G, after importing I went to the Tools/Remove silence dialog, pressed the start button and it just emitted the finished sound without going through the remove silence process. I then opened the edit dialog and removed the silence there.
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:05 AM

Thanks Roy, when you rebuild the complete Song DB it then will detect the new songs and the process to remove silence starts on the new songs (bevor doing it in the edit song dialog).
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Question Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

I am having the similar problem about remove silence. I noticed now since I upgrade to 5.0.6 no matter how many new songs I imported (I import zip files) when I click on start for remove silence it always process 34 files. It does not matter I imported one or 100 songs.
It used to be able to process the number of new songs I imported but not any more since I upgrade to 5.0.6
Maybe there is some other tricks I need to perform?
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM

I also want to confirm I am having the problem with the songbook generated by 5.0.6 that if I have "&" in the author then it will repeat. For example, McGraw, Tim & Faith Hill it will ends up as McGraw, Tim & Fail Hill & Faith Hill

Is there a fix of this problem?
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:20 PM

I can confirm that my FACTORY DEFAULT did not DEFAULT to 10 as well. When I looked it was not set to 10 and so I set it to 10. Sorry, I cannot remember what it showed. Either nothing or 0 but I cannot remember. ..Windows 7-64 bit..
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:08 PM

About the factory default, I think I can confirm it was set to 0 when I upgrade my to 5.0.6 not 10 for sure.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM

After upgrade my Audio control defaulted to 0. Problem I am having is that the audio slows down almost like a tape dragging then picks back up then is out of sync with words on screen. Have noticed on most Pop Hits Monthly songs and if I remember back some years ago had a problem with that brand, something about the coding.
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:54 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy View Post
After upgrade my Audio control defaulted to 0. Problem I am having is that the audio slows down almost like a tape dragging then picks back up then is out of sync with words on screen. Have noticed on most Pop Hits Monthly songs and if I remember back some years ago had a problem with that brand, something about the coding.
Have you attempted different audio settings other than "0" to see if that might solve the problem?

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:31 PM

I have tried everything from 10 to 20. There is always a skip in Audio when song starts and the Pop Hits Monthly screen in displayed. Then when lyrics start they are out of sync. The drop is shorter at 20 than at 10. Seems to be on Pop Hits Monthly as far as I can see. As I said some 4 to 5 years ago I remember having problem with that brand of Karaoke. Seems I can't always duplicate the slowing down problem I am having, but I reinstalled 505 until I can figure out. Loaded Hoster 506 on desktop and it seems I do not get the audio drop at beginning of song. Don't if it is because desktop is Windows 7 and Laptops are windows XP. Will have to keep testing. Thanks for reply.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:26 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatrobot View Post
I am having the similar problem about remove silence. I noticed now since I upgrade to 5.0.6 no matter how many new songs I imported (I import zip files) when I click on start for remove silence it always process 34 files. It does not matter I imported one or 100 songs.
It used to be able to process the number of new songs I imported but not any more since I upgrade to 5.0.6
Maybe there is some other tricks I need to perform?
I am also having issues with REMOVE SILENCE after importing NEW discs, same thing immediately upon starting REMOVE SILENCE recieve the TADA finish sound.

I resorted to performing the REMOVE SILENCE via the TOOLS/EDIT SONGS option.