MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old March 26th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsings View Post
Correction, towards the end of the night, it started stuttering, and I tried raising the drop out number and had it up to 4, and it didn't stop the sound from dropping out. I ended up restarting hoster 4 times this evening. Please tell me there is a fix for this soon!
While your waiting for a fix why not revert back to your previous vesion ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
While your waiting for a fix why not revert back to your previous vesion ?
How do I do that?

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
How do I do that?
If you still have the original 5.05setup.exe file(As you are always advised to keep), just double click it to start the installation and treat it like installing an upgrade. Don't choose to uninstall just select upgrade and it will install it.

If you no longer have the original file they are available from here: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm

But you can only go back so far for past releases then MTU deletes them so always a good policy to save them.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:15 PM

Cool Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

I think I will do that until it is fixed! Thank you Roy!

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:13 AM

Unhappy Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Ok so I went back to 505 and It stuttered and dropped and was worse than ever! I was so embarassed. So I upgraded again to 506 and there was no sound what so ever. It wasn't my computer as I was able to play dj music. I had to go back to the 505. Can anyone explain this? I am really at a loss as what to do! I do know that I can't run a show like that!

Old March 28th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

I should put a support ticket in via: http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-...htm#HelpTicket
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

jcsings,
While you are waiting for a responce from support try this
Left click the Start Menu bottom left of task bar, in the search box Type in regedit.exe you should see the regedit.exe appear at the top of the search list, double click it to start it.

Go to the very top of the Registry Editor. If you already see the Registry Keys expanded below, skip this step and go to the next step. Click the + or the little arrow. beside My Computer.
Click the + or >Beside HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Click the + or >beside SOFTWARE
Click the + or >beside Micro Technology Unlimited
Click the + or >beside Hoster
Click on Default , the window on the right should fill with all the registry settings.
scroll down the list and find “Music Volume”
I attach a picture showing this .
On the right hand side you will see a number in brackets (100), if the number is less than 100 go to the next step. If it is showing 100 just close the registry using the X in the top right. and wait for a response from support.
If it was less than 100 double click the words “music volume” which will open another dialog shown again on top of my attachment.
Click the decimal radio button, type 100 in the value date box, press OK.
Close the registry editor by the X top right of the window.
Restart Hoster and try it.
I don’t guarantee it won’t revert back again but it should hear music from Hoster.
If it reverts back then there must be something in your setup causing it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg registry key.jpg (163.7 KB, 15 views)
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:37 AM
VIP

Quote:
Ok so I went back to 505 and It stuttered and dropped and was worse than ever! I was so embarassed. So I upgraded again to 506 and there was no sound what so ever. It wasn't my computer as I was able to play dj music. I had to go back to the 505. Can anyone explain this? I am really at a loss as what to do! I do know that I can't run a show like that!
I would restore back to a time you had 5.05 and everythinv worked well
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindonstrike View Post
I would restore back to a time you had 5.05 and everythinv worked well
I did that and las night every song skipped

Old March 29th, 2012, 06:27 PM
VIP

Re: Hoster 5.06 Release???

ADMIN AND ROY,

I updated to 506 this morning and the problem with the garbled music at the start of a song in the playlist still exists for me. As I mentioned before, it does not happen if "remove silence" is off. Here is what I discovered. If I go to the edit songs page and play the songs that start out garbled on first couple of notes, it doesn't happen in the "edit songs" page. I did find out that if I edited the start point so the song would start earlier, then everything worked fine playing from the playlist page. I know this sounds weird. I guess unless this is discovered as problem with others, I will have to note which songs do this and edit their start points in order to use "remove silence". This could be extensive work if a remedy is not discovered. Other than this, I have not found any problems with 506 as of yet. You may want to move this to the 506 bug post. I posted here because we were discussing this on this thread.

Walt

NOTE: It seems this problem is more noticable if the song being played has had a key change applied before it is added to the playlist. I added a half dozen or so of the same songs to the playlist without any key change and they seemed to work fine. It almost seems like it isn't picking up the key change until the moment the music starts. ????

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 29th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Same old questions have you gone through the latest recommendations for your system ?

One that comes to mined if you have windows 7, item #8 is the turn off search indexing.

Also have you tried the Tools/Audio/ where there is a setting for prevent audio drop outs at the bottom, setting it higher # (20max) should prevent drop outs.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Same old questions have you gone through the latest recommendations for your system ?

One that comes to mined if you have windows 7, item #8 is the turn off search indexing.

Also have you tried the Tools/Audio/ where there is a setting for prevent audio drop outs at the bottom, setting it higher # (20max) should prevent drop outs.
Sorry Roy,

Yes I did go through all of the changes twice and I am running Vista with 3 gb of ram. I do have every available Windows update. I did not try changing the settings you mentioned in this release, however I did try changing the settings in the beta 14 version and it did nothing. I will try changing the setting in the new version and see if there is any difference. I did see the default was 10 so I will try 0 and 20.

Walt
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
VIP

Ok. I tried setting 20 and then I tried setting 0. The default was 10. Changing these setting made absolutly no difference what so ever. When I am confident with 506 I will install it on my old backup computer which is running XP and see what happens. I am also going to help a friend that I recently turned on to Hoster, upgrade to 506. He has a Toshiba, I7, 6gb of ram. I will make all the posted changes and see if this problem appears on his computer.

Walt
Old March 31st, 2012, 05:21 PM

I have also been experiencing “garbled” music starts for songs. It is just on the first few notes (usually) and it has been happening if I have adjusted the “tempo” of the song. I love Hoster and know this will get fixed and I am reporting it for an FYI to Admin. (Yes, I have made all the setting requirements.) Running Windows 7.
Old March 31st, 2012, 06:10 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelley3 View Post
I have also been experiencing “garbled” music starts for songs. It is just on the first few notes (usually) and it has been happening if I have adjusted the “tempo” of the song. I love Hoster and know this will get fixed and I am reporting it for an FYI to Admin. (Yes, I have made all the setting requirements.) Running Windows 7.

Did you try what I mentiond a few posts up? If I changed the remove silence to start the song earlier, the problem went away. I assume you are using remove silence. Not a cure but hopefully this gives MTU some direction. Also, are you using key change on the songs causing the problems? It would be interesting to know if the problems were still there if you did what I mentioned above. Hopefully there will be a fix.

Walt
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Did you try what I mentiond a few posts up? If I changed the remove silence to start the song earlier, the problem went away. I assume you are using remove silence. Not a cure but hopefully this gives MTU some direction. Also, are you using key change on the songs causing the problems? It would be interesting to know if the problems were still there if you did what I mentioned above. Hopefully there will be a fix.

Walt
I did not use remove silence

Old April 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Ok. I tried setting 20 and then I tried setting 0. The default was 10. Changing these setting made absolutly no difference what so ever. When I am confident with 506 I will install it on my old backup computer which is running XP and see what happens. I am also going to help a friend that I recently turned on to Hoster, upgrade to 506. He has a Toshiba, I7, 6gb of ram. I will make all the posted changes and see if this problem appears on his computer.

Walt
Great news! Problem resolved! Thanks to a tip from Roy, I went into the tools menu, remove silence, and at the bottom entered 2 seconds delay before a song starts. All the garbled music disappears. I also installed 5.06 on my backup computer which is running xp. It was worse than the first computer but when I added the 2 second delay before a songs starts as mentioned above the problems are gone. Life is good and thanks to Roy I was pointed in the right direction to try this.

Walt
Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:21 AM

5 lappies running hoster 5.06. no major issues except for the much mentioned audio drop out which has occurred during one show on only one lappy.

However, all are having an issue when playing video files. we use usb ports for audio out and this has worked well until this upgrade... now the audio for all video files play ONLY through the laptops and not through our sound systems as they previously had done. awkward any ideas?
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuhnottelling View Post
However, all are having an issue when playing video files. we use usb ports for audio out and this has worked well until this upgrade... now the audio for all video files play ONLY through the laptops and not through our sound systems as they previously had done. awkward any ideas?
I can confirm the above issue,
In testing this on my windows 7 computer using a sound blaster usb card I found I can overcome the problem by opening the playback devise.
Control panel/Sound/ or right click speaker icon on the task bar and select playback devices from the pop up. In the sound dialog, choose the playback tab, right click on the usb device in the list and select "make default" press OK.
Now open Hoster Tools/Audio controls select your usb card for Playlist audio card, and the windows standard speakers card for the search audio card. Press OK. You may then need to shut Hoster down and restart it for the setting to work.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM

Cool Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

I had an interesting development last night. I found if I didn't hook up to the internet I had absolutely no problems. I am still running 505 as I am scared to upload 506. The only issue I still have is if I let my system sit idol, having it open, but not running, I have to restart my Hoster in order for it to have any sound at all! I really am afraid to upload 506 again.....

Closed Thread